Journey to Mithila

After 2 weeks, Urmila was ready to go to Mithila with Janak and Sunaina. She bid everyone goodbye still embarrassed by the previous day's events. She couldn't help but gaze down when Kaikeyi looked at her.

Flashback,

"Urmila putri taiyar ho jao hum sare bazar ja rhe hain." Kaushalya said coming inside Urmila's room. The latter looked up alarmed by the thought of going to a marketplace with her to be in-laws.

"Umm.. badi ma aap ise le jao aaj. Meri tabiyat thik nhi hai aaj." Urmila said nervously pointing at Chhaya who was till now lying on the bed leisurely. "Ye jhut bol rhi h mata bilkul thik hai ye. Bas ise bajar nhi jana." Chhaya said making Urmila glare at her.

"Why?" Kaushalya asked Urmila. "Vo badi ma, mujhe shopping krna itna pasand nhi hai khaas kar ladkiyo ke saath." Urmila said looking down at her feet. "Kyu? Aesa kya hai ladkiyo mein? Aur tum bhi to ladki ho." Kaushalya asked confused. "Keval tan se mata man aur harkatein iski ladko vaali hain." Chhaya said earning another glare from Urmila.

"Vo ma actually main umm... You know jaise ladke krte hain ki ek bari mein jo psand aa gya vo leke chl do main bhi vaise krti hu par haa jab tak koi cheez psand nhi aati main kuch nhi kharidti." Urmila said. "That's a relief." Kaushalya said sighing.

"Mol bhaav?" She asked Chhaya after a pause. "Vo to mata itna bura hai bass pucho mat. Bass ek bari kahegi ki daam kam krdo agar vo nhi maana to jitne paise usne bole hain utne hi deke aa jaegi. Aesi hai ye." Chhaya answered or more like complained. "Beta tumhari halat to bhot buri hai. Par koi na hum tumhe sab sikha denge." Kaushalya said confidently before shooing Urmila to away to go and change in a saree.

Urmila went and got changed in a blue saree and then they set off to the market.

Lakshman was going with them as he was free at the moment and he also wanted to spend sometime with Urmila before she went off to Mithila

Lakshman was going with them as he was free at the moment and he also wanted to spend sometime with Urmila before she went off to Mithila. "Aap log jaiye mujhe kuch kaam hai." Saying so he went away. "Mujhe lga use tumhare saath vakt bitana tha." Mandavi whispered to Urmila making her blush.

After sometime, Urmila was very frustrated with the ladies. It was their 3rd shop and they hadn't bought anything! Not even a single piece of cloth! What can be worse than this? The thing that none of them was talking to her as they were all too busy shopping.

"I really wish he was here now." Urmila said for the nth time sighing. "Urmi btao ye kaisa hai?" Sumitra asked her just to check if she was there or not. "Haan badia hai ma yahi le lijiye par kich to le lijiye, please." Urmila said closing her eyes not looking at Sumitra. "Kya lu? Maine kuch pakda hi nhi hai." She said making Urmila open her eyes with a jerk and snap her head to her. This reflex was so fast that it got a crack in her neck.

"Ow, ow, owie." She said holding her neck. "Urmi tum yaha dhyan ku nhi de rhi ho?" Sumitra asked her. "Mata vo main.... Main vo... Kuch nhi." Urmila said when she couldn't find the words. "Tum mujhe mata khti ho na to btao." Sumitra urged, just then Urmila's stomach grumbled rather loudly. "Well guess you're just hungry." The former said and informed everyone that they were going for some food and that they will be back soon.

Shrutkirti also joined them and the trio made their way to get something to eat. After eating, as they were returning, Urmila met Lakshman and he took her somewhere else to her relief. He took her to a place near Saryu and the place was really beautiful. "Wow, this is amazing!" She breathed.

"You like it?" He asked. "Like it? That's an understatement. I absolutely freakin' love it." She said hugging him tightly. "Come on let's sit down." He said and they both sat down on a rock with Urmila's head on his shoulder. "Pta hai mujhe hmesha se aese hi kisi date pe jana tha." She said to him and he hummed. They just sat there none speaking, just enjoying each other's company. "Maine tumhe btaya ki tum is saree mein bhot achi lag rhi ho?" He asked her. "Yes a hundred times. Jab se hum mahal se chale tab se ab tak to haan." Urmila said thinking for a while and then answering. "Well yes, its all true becoz you are looking breathtaking." Lakshman said again making Urmila hit him playfully on the arm.

"Hume jana chahiye. Der ho rhi hai." Lakshman said. Urmila nodded and both of them stood up and looked at each other. Lakshman started to lean in and Urmila followed suit. When their lips were a mere centimetre apart, they heard a cough from right side of theirs.

Their heads moved simultaneously to that direction and saw Kaikeyi standing there glaring at them both. "Ye kya tha?" She asked. "Vo mata hum-" Lakshman said but stopped seeing Kaikeyi's glare shift completely in his direction. "Kitne ache se baithe the tum dono ab ye kya kr rhe the! Chi! Chi! Chi! Chi! Chi! Chi!" She said and moved away.

Both of them looked at each other face flushed with embarrassment and went away following her.

<<>><<>><<>><<>><<>>

Back to present;

They were almost ready yo go when Lakshman came running and gave Urmila a present. "Open this after you reach Mithila." He said and ran away again leaving Urmila wondering what happened just now.

****

So this is for this chapter guys.

Please vote and comment.

Will see you in the next part, till then,
Stay Healthy, Stay Safe, Good Night, Jai Hind.