17. Old Friends

Gauri

"I know Abram! I know Suhana said she'll meet you the day after you land, but I don't know why she went off to some holiday instead", I hissed. After our last meet Suhana had completely shut me out. She wasn't responding to any calls or texts. It was as if suddenly she didn't want anything to do with me. And that reminded me of the things eight years ago. If I was going to lose my daughter again, I might as well stab myself.

"Mumma all I'm here for is because I get to see my siblings. And I don't want to lose that again", he looked at me with eyes full of pain. He was begging me, and had nothing to do except go to the one person that wouldn't even utter my name, let alone talk to me. Cupping his face in my hands I said, "I know baby, I know. I don't want to lose my children either, I'll do something about it, okay?", he nodded in response. "I'm guessing Papa isn't bothered about this at all?", this time I nodded.

I didn't have Aryan's current number, or Nysa's. But I did have Kajol's number. We hadn't talked in years. I didn't try to reach her after we left, and neither did I respond to her when she did. I did not expect her to go out of her way and help me, but all I needed was a phone number. And as difficult as even that seemed, I had to try. And make sure she knew I felt guilty for leaving her and everyone else like that.

"Hello?"
"Gauri? Is that you?"
"Yes, oh my god yes! Kajol firstly, I'm so so sorry for just abandoning you like this. Please I know I was terrible an-"
"Let's meet up and talk".

She was angry. And had every right to be.

~ a few hours later ~

"So all of this mess is upto you to solve?", Kajol looked at me with pitiful expression. I had explained everything to her when she came to Mannat. Though she was angry at first, she understood. And I'm very grateful for that. "Gauri I think you should talk to someone else before Aryan. I've been talking to Nysa and he's really not okay", "I'll talk to Nysa then", Kajol nodded in response and got up. She had to leave since Nysa had been pestering her with calls and texts.

"It seems my daughter will die if I don't go, but I'll make sure to let her know that you want to talk". I gave her a warm smile, "thank you so much".