11. Sort It Out

"And you're telling all of this to me NOW? After the party ended? At freaking 2:30 AM?". "Okay yes I know this is stupid Nysa but yaaaar". Aryan leaned against the door of their bedroom, standing at a safe distance from Nysa after she threw a pillow at him for waking her up. He hadn't told her about "the conversation", mainly because he couldn't process it either. "Aryan I seriously don't know how to deal with you right now. Ooof okay, come and sit". Aryan looked at her for a second and gave her an awkward smile. "Promise you won't hit me first", he said backing away. "How old are we again?", Nysa rolled her eyes and sat up.

He settled in bed and grabbed Nysa's hand. "I miss him so much Nysa", Aryan said, in a defeated tone. "I know you do, he's your father. And I think..... maybe, you should, talk?". She knew it wasn't of any use asking Aryan to do so, but it was better than seeing him like this. "No, no. What if something like this happens again? This is the last thing I want my kids to go through".

"Okay, it's okay. Aryan, rest right now. We'll talk about this when we're both okay".

~

The coming morning was just as confusing. Ahaan and Suhana had come over to discuss, but ended up being just as lost as Aryan and Nysa. There had to be a way out. "Aryan, I think you should really have an honest talk with your parents, you as well as Suhana".

"Nysa nooo, why are you so adamant about it?", "because I know how much both of you actually miss them! It's time y'all admit it".

An awkward silence followed.

"Guys, you have been away from your parents for years, how long will you keep reminding yourself to hold a stupid grudge instead of finally getting together with them?", Ahaan said in a defeated tone. "This isn't a stupid grudge Ahaan!", Suhana warned him, "then what is it? Suhana you are wiser than this, you really think staying away from your parents and Abram will keep us happy?". Aryan groaned and rubbed his eyes. What the hell was happening? Should he actually listen to Nysa and Ahaan and talk with them the next time they meet?

"Look guys, even if we tell you to talk to them, it's going to be your call. So do what you think is right, all we want is for the family to be united again, and we know that both of you want that as well, but your defenses are stopping you", Nysa said.

My wife is really the wisest.