3. Aftermath

Aryan knew the moment he would let his mind wander off it would only remind him of his mother. After the party incident his world was on the brink of destruction. One wrong move and he would end up meeting the man who had betrayed him. Yes his father, Shah Rukh Khan. Nobody could've imagined the father - son would turn against each other despite the love and respect they had for so many years. Aryan kept himself busy with his work. Though he wasn't directing any movie he did have a script in mind. A good one. The change in Aryan's attitude didn't go unnoticed by Nysa. She saw him standing in the balcony for hours and being extra protective towards Aadish and Naira. At times he would shout at her for silly reasons or be grumpy the whole day. It wasn't the usual Aryan she knew, but neither would he open up to her. It ate her up. Seeing her love so disturbed suddenly made her wonder if she hadn't been there for him lately. Was her work coming in between? "Aryan I was thinking we could invite Ahaan and Suhana over for dinner", he didn't pay attention. "Aryan?", he continued staring at his laptop. "Aryan!", "WHAT?", Nysa was taken aback by his rudeness.

Outburst we can say, but it still shook Nysa. Aryan never raised his voice. Not against any family member. "There's no need to shout", "yeah okay. Do you want anything?", "I- forget it", she stormed out the room, still not understanding why Aryan was so irritated and annoyed. He just sighed and pressed his nose bridge. Great. Now I've made her angry. He went back to work, to distract himself and pretend that none of this ever happened. He skipped lunch and refused the kids when they offered to stay with him so that he wouldn't be left out. How innocent of them. Aryan could hear his family's voices happily playing, he wanted to join them, but his mood wasn't in favor. Around 6:30 pm Nysa checked on him but he sent her away. She wasn't very happy about the morning incident, but neither could she stop caring suddenly. The 3rd time Nysa came in was to tell him to have dinner. "Nysa I. Don't. Want it", he said growling. "You think I'll take your tantrums Aryan? Shut up and come down. Skipping meals isn't good". He banged his hand on the table with frustration.

Too bad. Nysa heard it. "What the hell? Problem kya hai tumhari? It's been like this since we came back from the party! You won't say anything but at the same time you'll continue ignoring us and going into a shell!". "Then leave! Don't try to talk to me. Just go okay? Let me be", Aryan replied.

On the dining table Naira could hear their loud voices. "Aadish, why are mumma and papa fighting?", Aadish looked up with his mouth stuffed with food. "I don't know. But they don't fight usually. You must've done something!", Naira scoffed at her brother's remark. "Shut up! Bua ko puchhe kya?", Aadish shook his head vigorously. "Mumma se hi puchh lete hai", he pointed at stairs seeing Nysa come down. Both of the kids proud of their idea. But their smiles disappeared when they saw their mother upset. "Mumma. Is anything wrong? Why are you and papa fighting?", Nysa just smiled weakly. "Nothing baby.. eat your food now". Fights were the worst, always. Though they had locked horns Nysa was still worried about Aryan.

Author's Note :

Hello readers! For some days I won't be publishing the next part since I'm going away for a while.
But Monday will have you hooked to the book again! So please bare with the sudden hiatus, but I promise I'll be back by Monday ~