14. Escape with the Kids

Aryan

I needed to get out of here. I definitely wasn't ready to meet Ma like this, out of the blue. I wasn't ready to meet her at all in fact. My blood was boiling. Why did Suhana bring her us together? She could've talked to me, given me some hint. But no, she did what she wanted to. Classic Suhana. Nysa was shaken up, obviously, and for the first time the beautiful singer's voice was quivering. But she covered it up so well I was almost jealous. But covering the feelings up wasn't going to help. I still needed to get away. And this was just Ma today, who knows tomorrow Suhana would get Papa home and I would be standing in front of him like this.

"I have a few things to do, I'll be heading to the office", I said standing up and opening the door when Naira asked, "Papa can I come too? And then, AND THEN WE COULD GET ICE CREAM!", she jumped excitedly and of course I took her along. How can I ever refuse my daughter? Aadish didn't want to come, because Ahaan had put on his and Vansh's favorite movie, though he and Vansh did give me a list of ice creams they wanted. I'd fulfill that too. These kids were my everything. I passed a glance to Nysa, who was already looking at me. Her eyes clearly said "I know you're lying you brat". I wasn't, technically, because I did have work, which just wasn't due very soon and I did have the time to complete it at my own pace.

The moment I stepped out of the building I felt relief. Relief like never before. "Naira you hungry? Cause I am, and I might be craving red sauce pasta with garlic bread you know", I looked her smiling mischievously. "But Aadish will miss it", she said realizing her twin wouldn't be around for the fun. And my princess didn't like leaving anyone out. "You guys really thought I'd miss ice cream!", Aadish came running down at full speed. I picked him up in my free arm. God the damn telepathy these twins had! "Is Vansh coming along?", "oh yeah, though Bua might be scolding him a bit, because he broke a vase".

Guess it was a kids' day out. I'm a kid too, in case you're wondering. 

I headed to the car and took them straight to a restaurant, because I wasn't that capable to handle three hungry kids. "Alright what do you guys wanna do after this?", "THE MALL!", all three devils screamed at once. "Okay! Mall it is". I took a bite of my pasta when my phone rang.

"Are you okay? Where are you?"
"Hello Nysa".
"Stop with that sarcasm"
"Okay Nysa"
"Aryan"
"I'm sorry! I'm at Julio's Restaurant, the kids were hungry"
"Cool enjoy! Though I need you home for dinner, and we need to talk. I'm not letting you suffer alone"
"I'll be back in an hour, love you"
"Love you more idiot"