Taking Care of Dad | LOTB

> Legend of the Balancers

> Takes place pre-Codey fight

> No ships.

> SickFic

> Requested by kumorisolace

Enjoy!

+-------------------+

“Good morning world!” Balance stretched his arms up over his head, coughing aggressively. He hadn’t slept, just stared at the wall in his room for 7 hours and called it sleep. Maybe that was affecting his physical health? Oh well!

Balance rolled out of bed, tumbling onto the floor almost immediately, and just lying there for a few minutes, not really wanting to move. The floor was nice and cold, and he was hot.

Wait.

Balance...hot? Oh god something really was wrong with him.

No time to worry about it though, Codey was constantly looming over them with the threat of restarting the entirety of existence! So, there was no resting. Balance didn’t even know why he stayed in bed for as long as he did, just staring at the wall...he should have been up planning with the other Balancers, but he knew they were all tired.

Maybe he could’ve planned with Unbalance? He only sleeps like an hour a day anyways...

Balance reluctantly pulled himself off the floor, groaning in annoyance. His entire body was so hot, yet so cold at the same time, it felt awful. His head was pounding more than usual, and he felt weird.

There was a knock on his door, followed by his name being called by one of his Balancers. He immediately recognized it as Frost’s voice, which he sighed loudly at. 

“Give me a second Frost!” Balance called out, grumbling as he forced himself downstairs. He walked over to his kitchen to get something to eat but as per usual, the thought of merely putting anything near his mouth made him feel like falling onto the ground and never moving again, so he resorted to just splashing water on his face from the faucet. 

He then walked over to his door, opening it to Frost and Gem both standing outside it. Frost was about to say something before noticing Balance’s state, staring at him in confusion. 

“Balance, are you feeling alright?” Gem asked, also noticing Balance’s state. The leader gave both a confused look, at least he thought he did, it turned out just confirming to the other two that Balance was not feeling alright.

“Yeahhh, I'm fine, we have to go plan, cause y’know, Codey and all...and stuff...” Balance rambled out, pushing past Gem and Frost, walking towards the middle of their village.

"Balance I really think you should res-"

"BALACERS!!" Balance cut off what Frost was going to say, coughing harshly after raising his voice so high. He summoned some amount of lightning at his location, which just made him even more lightheaded then before.

The Balancers slowly poured in from all angles of the village, surronding Balance and the fountain. Everyone seemed to catch on just as fast as Gem and Frost did that something was clearly wrong with their leader, and the questions started rolling in, everyone speaking over each other.

Typically, Balance would've been fine with this, he's used to his Balancers speaking over one another, screaming at each other, ect, but today? His head was pounding, so loudly, he felt like the barrier between him, Light and Alex was breaking down.

"Can everyone just SHUT UP!?" Balance finally broke, yelling louder than the combined voices of his 20 some odd Balancers present. This shut everyone up real quick, along with the flash of lightning that sounded alongside.

"Yo, Balance, you okay?" Unbalance is the only one who can safely approach Balance during his moments of outbursts, so he does, walking up to his side and holding his arm, which he quickly realizes is really warm.

"Gah- what the hell man? Why is your arm so-" Unbalance reaches his hand up and places it on his forehead. "Oh."

Balance turns his head to the side, hating how Unbalance is cold to the touch and he finds extreme comfort in that. He's meant to be one who's always cold for Notchs sake! He's the Light Steve!

"Balance are you- are you sick?" Unbalance asks, but there's almost a hint of teasing on his tone, which results in his getting shoved away.

"Why does it matter? We have more important things to worry about. Like Codey." Balance countered, his head getting even foggier as he spoke as well as his voice getting worse.

"Codey has been inactive for the past week Balance, if he was going to strike, he would have already.." Debalance said, standing by Rebalances side. Balance rolled his eyes, which proved to be a really hard task, and he fainted.

Like, straight up collapsed on the ground, passed out.

The next thing Balance knew, he was waking up in his bed, he couldn't see anything because his eyes were covered by something cold and wet, which he appreciated.

He moved it up to on top of his forehead, seeing Over to his left, who seemed to be keeping an eye on Balance's symptoms, and Unbalance to his right, who was just staring him down blankly.

"What did I say Balance."

Balance groaned, pulling the cloth back over his eyes, not wanting to deal with Unbalances sarcasm, falling back into sleep with his counterparts laughter fading into the background.

+--------------------+

The end.

Sorry it's kinda short- I ran out of ideas for what to write :').