17. Pehli Rasoi Or Disaster

Mavika's Pov

I come out of the room and close the door behind, my cheeks are still warm, and am still smiling remembering his flirting and teasing. Well, I never thought that I would be this happy on my first day after marriage. It was good that I talked it out aloud with him yesterday night.

I go downstairs and everyone is present in the drawing room. Maa spots me first.

"Good morning Maa" I greet her with a warm smile and everyone else also.

"Kitni sundar lag raha hai mera bachha, kisi ke nazar na lage" Maa says while rounding her both hands around my head, casting off the evil eyes. Then she takes some kohl on her ring finger from her eyes and then rub it behind my ear.

"Thank you Maa" I say and she kisses my forehead lovingly.

"Waise Avyansh kaha hai?" Chachi asks.

"Woh bas taiyar ho kar aa rahe hai" I reply, and she nods her head.

" Didi main kitchen me check karti hoo breakfast bana ya nahi, fir Mavika ki pehli rasoi ki rasm bhi karni hai" chachi says to Maa.

"Arey, Haa, Mavika aaj tumhara yaha pehla din hai, or aaj se tumhari zindagi ki bhi nayi shuruaat ho rahi hai ek naye parivaar ke sath, toh issiliye aaj tumhe kuch meetha banana hoga" Maa explains to me and I just smile.

"Waise bhabhi apko khana banana toh aata hai na?" Agatya bhai asks me.

Ab sabke samne main kya bolu, ki mujhe sirf Maggi, pasta, sandwiches and coffee banani aati hai. God what will I do now. I don't know how to cook, and whenever I go into the kitchen I alway end up burning myself somehow or the other. That's the reason only why I know some specific things to cook or woh bhi jab when someone is present with me in the kitchen to prevent any accidents.

"Bhabhi are you listening?" This time it's Anaya who asks, and I come out of my thoughts.
7
"Ahh, yes...yes.. " I say while smiling awkwardly.

"Didi everything is ready Mavika can start now" chachi informs and we all go into the kitchen.

First I perform a little pooja of stove as Maa instructed me meanwhile Anaya and Agastya bhai were capturing everything in their phones. After that Maa and chachi tells me the way around the kitchen, like where are utensils, spices, sugar and ingredients are kept.

"If you need any help so just give a call" Chaci says samilig warmly at me Maa is also stading beside her smiling at me

They left the kitchen and my smile also dropped. What to do now. I tensed and nervous. I think I can find something good and easy recipe on internet. Yeah that's a good idea. I take out my phone and search 'easy recipe of something sweet on first rasoi' and so may results show up. Mostly recipe are of kheer and halwa. So I choose halwa as it seems easy and will take less time than kheer.