Rules | 04

Tw: Use of the d slur

You woke up early, remembering the rule that the plastics gave you—that on Wednesdays they were pink. You didn't owe any pink clothes, but luckily Damien did, and he was more than happy to lend them to you.

Your mum drove you to school earlier today, which you weren't so happy about. No one else was at school yet, and you walked around for ages before you found someone you knew. It was Regina.

The two of you aren't that close, so you felt weird going up to her, so you backed away, trying to get out of her sight as quick as possible, but she notices you and smirks, telling you to come closer by moving her finger forward.

You sigh, feeling under control, like she had you under a spell. You sat next to her on the floor, and she said nothing; she was just texting on her phone. You felt embarrassed about how old your phone was, so you didn't pull your one out; you just sat there awkwardly.

You sighed, realising there was no point in you being there if she was just going to be on her phone the whole time, so you got up, making her look at you, looking away from her phone for the first time. "Don't leave." She says.

It was the way she said it that made you stay and sit back down, but her eyes stayed on you; they didn't go back to her phone. "Do you like girls?" She asked, and you were taken back by the questions. You knew what she was asking, and you sighed.

"No, I'm straight, straight as a ruler!" You exclaim, and she nods her head, sighing in relief. "Right, I have heard things, and I was just making sure you're not a dyke." Regina said, making you gasp, but you couldn't say anything else.

Maybe telling her about the crush on Aaron would make her believe you, but you decided not to because you didn't know if you liked him. He was really pretty, though.

You stay there because you know if you get up, she will be mad at you, but for some reason you want to stay; you want to be with her.

The bell rings, and you feel the urge to stay. "I'm going to my room." You say, standing up. She nods her head. You make your way to the living room and sigh because you know there will be a long day ahead.

Finally, it was lunch time. You had been waiting for this the whole day, excited to sit with the plastics and see what it was like to have lunch with them.

As soon as you sit down, Gretchen nods her head in satisfaction when she sees that you are wearing pink. Then she goes on to explain more rules.

"You can't wear a tank top two days in a row, and you can only wear your hair in a ponytail once a week." She stops for a few seconds to see that you are wearing a ponytail. "So I guess you've chosen today." She continues. Then she stops and remembers something. "Oh! And we only wear sweats or track pants on Fridays." Gretchen says, and you nod your head, hoping she was finally down talking; spoiler alert, she wasn't.

"If you break any of these rules, you can't sit with us. I mean, not just you, like, any of us. Like if I wore sweatpants today, I'd have to go sit over there." The two of you turn to look at Janis and Damien, who were playing "with the Art Freaks." Gretchen continues.

"That seems fair." You say, turning back to the table, "120 calories and 48 calories from fat. What percent is that?" Regina asks, looking at the food she was eating. "Um, 48 into 120?" Gretchen asks, and you think in your head about the answer.

"There's no way of knowing." Karen says. "It's 40%." You say, and the 3 girls look at you with a confused look, "42 over 120 equals x over 100, and then you cross-multiply to get the value of x." You answer with a smile on your face, but the plastics just looked at you with confusion.

"Whatever. Um, I'm getting cheese fries." Regina says, standing up and leaving. "So, have you seen any guys you think are cute yet?" Karen asks, and you hesitate before answering . "Oh, um, well, actually, there's this one guy in my calculus class." You say it with a smile.

You find him cute, and of course you like him.

"Ooh, a senior! Who is it?" Gretchen smirks, then asks you the question. You take a deep breath before saying, "Uh, Aaron Samuels."

"You can't like Aaron Samuels! That is Regina's ex-boyfriend!" Gretchen says at the same time Karen says, "No. No. Bad. Bad. Danger."

"Wait. I thought she dumped him for Shane Oman." Karen says, looking at Gretchen, "Irregardless! Ex-boyfriends are off-limits to friends. That's just, like, the rules of feminism!" Gretchen exclaims, and Karen nods, getting up to throw her food out.

"Don't worry. I will never tell Regina what you said. I am very trustworthy. Karen's had sex with 11 people, and I've never told anyone." Gretchen says, making you nervous and knowing that she will probably end up telling Regina what you said.

This guy who says he is in your math calls comes up and tries to convince you to join mathlets. It sounds interesting, so you happily say, "Okay, yeah, sure. Where do I?"

"No, no, you cannot join Mathletes. That is, like, socially ruinous!" Gretchen exclaims as Regina comes back, "Ew, no. Why is he at our table?" Regina says, sitting down, "I can hear you, by the way." Kevin G says, and Regina rolls her eyes.

"Can you hear me now?" She says, turning to face him, waving her hand, whispering, "Bye."

"Uh, anyways, uh, just take my card in case you change your mind." Kevin says, passing you one of his cards, but before you could grab it, Gretchen took it and ripped it apart.

You heard Regina chuckle, which made you look at her. "God, you are so lucky you have us to guide you." Regina says, then she looks into your eyes, "What are you doing after school today?" You were about to answer, but she spoke before you could: "I want to give you some shoes."

The bell rang, and then you rushed off to class, excited to tell them everything that happened. You told them everything, including that Regina wanted to buy you new shoes.

"What kind of shoes?" Damien asks, and you giggle, "I have no idea. I guess, um, something fancier than these?" You saw them, showing them your old shoes. Janis rolls her eyes. "She's so rude!" Janis exclaims

"I mean, maybe she's just being generous. Maybe we can have a commensal relationship." You say, and the other two look confused, but Damien smirks, saying, "What is that? I want one." You giggle at his response, then you start explaining it.

"So, in nature, okay, so lions, they're the apex predators, right? They're at the top of the food chain. They can kill anything they want. But if you're a hyena, well, then you follow them around and you eat the carcasses that they leave behind." You say that, and they just nod their heads.

"Whoa. Gretchen Wieners is a hyena. Got it." Damien says, and you chuckle again, "No, I did not say that. I'm just saying, if you're on Regina's good side,

"Whoa, N/n! No, no, no. Regina George does not have a good side, okay? If you go over to her house today... I am not joking; be careful." Janis says, and then she sees Regina coming, so she rushes off.

Regina was walking down the school halls like she owned them, and girls would stare at her like they were in love with her.

She stops when she sees you, and her smile brightens. You were taken back when she grabbed your hand to hold on to her car, but you were too scared to pull away.

Karen and Gretchen were already waiting by the car; she unlocked it, and Gretchen got in front, so you walked to be in the back besides Karen.

"Gretchen." Regina said sternly, which made her look up at her friend nervously. "Yes, Regina?" She asks, "Switch with Y/n." Regina says, and Gretchen looks at you.

She knows better than not to argue with Regina, so she just goes to the back, and you go in the front. You were confused about why, but you didn't argue with her.

-

Give me your theories on what do you think will happen, I love reading your comments so please spam.