Part 3

Genis' house was huge. It had so many rooms, that Dove could look in every single one and find something new.

Rue and Dove were led to a small room in the basement, where two other Avoxs were sitting on bunk beds. They snapped to attention, and stood up.

"Okay Flavis, Tamara, these are your new friends." She pointed to Rue, her golden lips pursed in thought. "Her name is Dimera, and her name is...." She pointed at Dove now. "Rosemary. All right, now be good to each other, I will call you when I need you."

Genis walked out, leaving the three girls and one boy all alone. Flavis went to his bed and retrieved a notepad, and a pencil. Tamara walked down a hall.

"My real name is Joshua, that's Meredith. What about you?" He wrote, giving it to Dove.

"I'm Dove and this is Rue."

"Nice to meet you Dove. Rue. Welcome to your new home!" Joshua wrote, mockingly waving his arms around the small concrete room.

Meredith came back in with two sets of clothes. They matched hers. It was a sickening orange shirt, with a white pinafore dress to go over it. Rue made a face at the outfit, and Meredith nodded.

"Genis is actually pretty nice. Nicer than most. She treats us fair, and doesn't beat us. So I guess you guys have kind of lucked out."

Joshua and Meredith were complete opposites in appearance. She had flaming orange hair, the same color Dove's used to be, but it was straight. She had somewhat high cheekbones, and tan skin to match her light brown eyes.

Joshua had curly black hair, and deep grey eyes. His skin was pale, making the freckles on his nose and cheeks stand out more. He was surprisingly buff, his arm muscles strong enough to do some damage if need be.

They were both tall, taller than Dove, whose legs were still pretty sore.

"I'm still very confused." Rue wrote, her handwriting a little sloppy. "Why would they do this to us?"

"If you're like us, then you were in the Hunger Games. At first they let the fallen tributes die. But after a while, the population of Avoxs decreased. So they did this. Making us different and offering us up like slaves."

Dove and Rue glanced at each other, then at them. Joshua and Meredith. District 4 and district 7. They lost the games too.

"You must be tired, go ahead and lay down. We'll take the first shift." Joshua said, and Dove and Rue graciously climbed the ladders and went to sleep.

~~~^~~~^~~~^~~~^~~~^~~~
When Dove woke up, Rue was laying right beside her, her small body barely taking up space. Her mouth twitched in her sleep, and Dove covered her with the blanket.

When she climbed down, she noticed Joshua standing by the door, a grin on his face. Together they walked around the house. He showed her where the kitchen, bathroom, laundry room, and master bedroom were. All so she could navigate the house to meet Genis' needs.

Just as they were about to go to another wing of the house, a shrill bell sounded. Joshua ran to the master bedroom and knocked on the door.

"Come in."

They walked in, and he bowed. Dove did the same. "I would like a cup of tea. Please make it hot but not too hot, two sugars, and one tablespoon of cream." They nodded, and exited the room.

Dove took out the notepad from a pocket in her dress. "Very specific wasn't she?"

"She's always like that. Believe it or not, but she only ever asks for small things every now and then. Usually leaves us alone."

"Wow. That's not very usual, is it?" Dove wrote as Joshua made the tea, the cups and dishes made clanks as he opened and closed them.

"Actually no. But it is what it is I guess." He wrote, taking the tea from the stove top and pouring it into a delicate white tea cup.

Together they walked back to the room, and Joshua had Dove take it to her. "Thank you, Rosemary. I really needed this." She said, her lips no longer gold, and brown hair falling out of her pink wig.

Dove nodded and curtseyed. She walked out quickly, slightly unnerved by her sudden disheveled appearance.

They walked back to their small basement room, only to find Rue and Meredith fast asleep. Joshua and Dove shrugged to each other, and sat down on one of the bottom beds.

He took out another notepad, and they "talked" until they fell asleep, Doves head on his shoulder, and his hand entwined with hers.

A/n
I think they're adorable together, what about you?

~Clieo