xxxv

𝐃𝐎𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐀 𝐒𝐀𝐓 𝐀𝐓 𝐀 𝐓𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐄 by herself at Bill Weasley and Fleur Delacour's wedding. She didn't see the point in having a wedding in the middle of a war; it wasn't enough to take her mind off of things. She was still underage, so she wasn't allowed to use magic outside of school. What if there was another attack?

Breathe, breathe, breathe, she thought to herself. She took a sip of water and tried to distract herself by watching her parents and Remus and Tonks dance with each other. She smiled a little to herself when Ron approached Hermione and extended his hand to her.

"Thea!" Luna skipped up to her. Dorothea was instantly grinning from ear-to-ear as she jumped up to hug the blonde.

"You're here!" she gasped.

"I knew you'd be here! My dad and I live just over the hill."

A man with shoulder-length blonde hair approached them. He extended his hand to Dorothea to shake. "Xenophilius Lovegood," he introduced himself. "My daughter has told me so much about you."

"It's lovely to meet you, sir," Dorothea replied politely as she shook his hand.

After chatting with Mr. Lovegood for a bit, Luna and Dorothea went out for a walk around the Burrow. There were enough Aurors around that they didn't need to be accompanied by one. As they were walking out of the tent, Dorothea saw Tonks having a hushed conversation with Hermione. She wondered what they were talking about.

"Did you hear that Snape was going to be our headmaster this year?" Luna asked as they walked through the Weasleys' garden.

"He is?" Dorothea frowned. She didn't like how that sounded; Hogwarts wasn't going to be the same with him as headmaster. "Guess it's a good thing I'm not going back, then."

Luna stopped walking. "What?"

"My mum says it's too dangerous. She wanted to keep me home last year, too, but Dad was able to convince her otherwise. She's not backing down this time, though."

"But...Hogwarts won't be the same without you." Luna frowned softly as they began walking back to the tent. She didn't know how she was going to get through the year without Dorothea by her side.

"Luna, do you mind if I borrow my sister for a moment?" Tonks asked as she approached them. Luna nodded for her to go ahead, and Tonks took Dorothea's hand, leading her towards the dance floor. There was a slow song playing. "I'm sorry about the other night. I should've listened to you. It was dangerous."

"I know it's not my job to, but...I-I worry about you a lot," Dorothea admitted. "You're the only big sister I've got. The only one I'm ever gonna have. I'm always scared that something bad is going to happen to you."

Tonks had never looked at it from Dorothea's perspective before. She knew how much her work for the Order worried her mum, but she never once stopped to think about how it affected her baby sister.

"Just promise me you'll be safe, Dora," Dorothea whispered, her mocha orbs glistening with tears.

Tonks pulled her into a hug and kissed the top of her head. "I will. But the moment there's a fight that puts your life in danger, I'm breaking that promise so I can keep you safe." She was quiet for a moment before speaking again. "So...you and Luna."

Dorothea looked up at her in confusion. "What about me and Luna?"

Tonks grinned knowingly. "Dottie, I'm not blind. I see the way you two look at each other."

"She's my best friend."

"Do you look at all your best friends like you want them to kiss you?" When Dorothea didn't respond, Tonks's smile widened. "I'm okay with it, you know. You're still my sister, and I love you just as much."