Too much sugar

No one's POV:
Branch walks over to Poppy's pod, excited to spend the day with her. He knocks on the door, and is immediately greeted by a giant bear hug from Poppy.

"Hey, Branch!" Poppy says, still hugging him.

"Hey, Poppy."

Poppy slowly lets go of Branch and just stands there, smiling at him.

"So, you gonna come inside, or?" Poppy asks.

"Of course." Branch replies.

Branch walks in behind Poppy, and sees a BUNCH of cupcakes, ice cream, cake, and literally every dessert you could imagine.

"Uh, Poppy? I know we're gonna be here all day, but do we really need this much sugar?"

"Um, yes! Sugar is my favorite thing in the whole world!"

"If you eat all of this sugar you're going to get sick."

"No I won't! Have a little faith in me, I eat sugar ALL the time! I'm accustomed to it."

"Okay, just be careful."

"I will!"

Poppy then starts shoving her face full of candy.

"This is going to be a long day" Branch thinks to himself.

The day goes by super fast, between Poppy and Branch doing a million things together, and Poppy eating a BUNCH of sweets.

Poppy and Branch are watching a movie as the sun sets outside Poppy's pod. Branch notices Poppy starts shifting uncomfortably in Branch's arms, and her face suddenly becomes really green. She runs to the bathroom before she starts to throw up. Branch quickly follows her and holds her hair back with one hand while the other is rubbing her back gently.

"I told you not to eat so much sugar, angel." Branch says softly.

"Now is NOT the time for you to be telling me you were right, Branch!" Poppy says between coughing and throwing up.

A little while later, Poppy finally stops throwing up, and is just sitting there, catching her breath.

"You wanna go to bed now?" Branch asks.

Poppy just slowly nods her head. Branch carries her bridal style to her bed before lying down next to her, her head on his chest.

"I'm really sorry I didn't listen to you, Branch. I shouldn't have eaten all those sweets."

"It's okay, angel, you didn't know. All that matters is that you feel better now, and you're more careful on how much sugar you eat in a day."

"I will, promise."

"Good. Now, you wanna get some sleep?"

"Right after I do this."

"Do what-"

Branch is suddenly cut off by Poppy grabbing him by the vest and kissing him. Branch wraps his arms around Poppy's waist, pulling her in closer. After a minute or so, they part, smiling at each other.

"That was perfect." Branch says.

"It was."

"I love you, Poppifer."

"I love you too, Branchifer."

They fall asleep in each other's arms, happy they had each other.

Surprise!! I know some of you guys saw my message I posted earlier saying I couldn't write fanfiction this week, but I squeezed in just enough time to write a shorter one shot!! I hope you all enjoyed, and until next week!