"I do."

"The last girl who promised to keep my secrets made sure even Hades could hear the servant-rumors." He paused for a second. For effect. As if wondering if I'll tell him to forget it. I didn't. "I think he's a bit too arrogant for his own good. He's spoiled, too. All he has to do is whine and whatever he wants is his." Xavier sounded bitter.

We round a final corner. "You're going to love the lock." We come to a stop at a set of double-doors that have a golden snake knocker. Xavier leans down, whispers something in Latin and touches the snake's back. I stare.

The snake, suddenly beginning to glitter and shine, recoils. Hisssssing. Eyes glowing red. It unclicks, and I jump back behind Xavier.

"That thing won't slither off that perch and bite me, will it?"

Xavier laughs and pushes the door open. "Not unless you tempt it." I stare at him with wide eyes. Thinking that he's completely serious. "Kidding."

I took one step inside my room and nearly gasp. It was quite possibly the biggest room that I've ever had.

Sleek and dark hardwood floors, polished to perfection so I could nearly see my reflection staring back at me. There was a large rectangular window that faced the lake of fire, and mountains beyond it. The walls were the color of light gold. The four-poster bed, perfectly made, was obviously fit to hold more than one person, with little curtains that could be pushed for privacy. There was a bookshelf, tall and daunting and welcoming. The room smells freshly of peaches and roses.

"Do you like it?"

In response, I took a running leap for the bed, messing up the perfectly made sheets and jumping on it a few times like a child. "It's perfect!"

Noticing a closet door, I Slid a little off the bed and peeked inside the room. There must be hundreds of clothes in here. Shoes of all styles litter the floor in racks. I squeal excitedly. When I was alive, I would have sold my soul for a pair of Jimmy Choo's. Now the entire collection is in my closet.

Dresses lined two racks; stretching down the closet until I came to a tall dresser which held different kinds of pants, different styles of shirts and anything else a bride-to-be could ever want.

I left the closet holding an oversized cashmere sweater; savoring it's soft material between my fingers. I also held twelve scarves to my chest, as if someone might take them from me.

Xavier laughs as he sees me. "Should have known... You could probably get lost in that closet and no one would ever find you." Good to know if I ever needed a place to hide. I don't know why the thought hit me so suddenly like that. I felt a pang of guilt that quickly vanishes.

Instead, I threw the scarves up all around me and danced as they flew down around me; the cashmere sweater resting half on the bookshelf. "Everything here is so beautiful here." I had stars in my eyes, more excited than I should have been. I collapse back onto the bed. "I have to admit... I thought Hell would be a lot more terrifying than this."

Xavier looked amused. Like he wanted to laugh. "You haven't seen anything yet, Miss Caverly. Hell is what you make of it. The Underworld is a step up."

I glance a peek at him. "The only thing that would make this night better is a little champagne."

He rose an eyebrow, hands behind his back. "There'll be plenty of time to celebrate in the morning. Your entire day tomorrow will be a celebration in honor of your arrival."