chapter 1

[How peaceful it is ! This cool breeze holding freshness of rain ...These grass covered with rain drops....The dull atmosphere which feels like a blanket covering us and secretly trying to make us fall asleep..But its trick won't work on me...Did I sound little crazy? ..Oh..how can a writer be sane....]

I was sitting down on grass covered with rain drops while immersing my feet on small water canal on the sides of the field and making some riddles on it using toe...My silver anklets made voices accompanying birds ....My glass bangles made the music more melodious...I was noticing all these and smiling thinking about beauty of life and nature......It is a normal thing for me to get high seeing rain and feeling cool breeze....

" Mayoori...."  vedh called my name while running towards me with a folded umbrella on his hand from the other side of the field.....I just turned away and concentrated on the riddles on the water and intertwined sound of anklets and water.....

[ oh....he came now he is gonna destroy this peaceful moment ....probably my father has sent him...why all like to destroy these beautiful moments nature gave...if they can't feel and enjoy its beauty why not allow others to do it]

" Are you deaf.....?" he asked while breathing heavily...yeah he ran all this way he will surely be tired....I just looked at him in bitterness....

" Hold this umbrella and go back to home...it will start again soon.... your father is waiting for you"  in a little bit annoyed and caring tone....

" I was enjoying my time ....why you and your uncle don't allow me to enjoy my life "   I knew it a little overreaction  for it but it's how I was raised ....They are the only ones to whom I can act childish ..I knew they will accept it....

He chuckled " oh...why are you imposing such heavy sins on us?"  in a teasing tone..He sat down near me...." oh...this atmosphere is so beautiful...oh..this cool breeze....." he smiled while enjoying the breeze ..

" yeah..that's why I am here....you and your uncle don't know how amazing rain and the atmosphere after rain is"..I sound little rude but I was sure he came to ask me to go home and won't allow to enjoy the beautiful moment .I was disappointed in it...

He chuckled.." I got fully drenched in today's rain...it was so amazing...that feeling....oh..."

I looked with a annoyed face" you enjoyed rain but I was not allowed to...it's not fair...."

He smiled " it is the merit of having no parents..."

It may accidentally slip from his mouth but it affected me...His parents died in an accident along with my mom ...Even though my father ,his mother's brother, raised him like his own son...But most of times he is little strict with him due to his actions..He is worried about his nephew's future if he behave  this irresponsibly....I sat silent looking at riddles on water ....May be he noticed it..

He slowly shift the topic " oh...today you dressed well" chuckled " is it to welcome rain...bangles..bindi..untied curly hair...anklets..."

I just smiled knowing he is trying to stop me from revisiting those hurtful memories while looking at anklets... I looked at him...He was smiling looking at my anklets and the riddles I made using my foot...I smiled seeing it....He suddenly looked at me..May be I had stopped making riddles unconsciously....

He was about to say something then just smiled and looked away....I smiled seeing him trying to avoid something which of course will be a compliment .Its his nature. He is too reluctant to give compliments especially to me...May be giving compliment to childhood friend is a tough thing for him....

" Why are you smiling? does the atmosphere made you crazy too?" ..I teased him with a smile....He just looked at the field in front of us with a gentle smile....

Then he suddenly turned to me " Why can't I enjoy the beautiful rainy atmosphere? " with a playful annoyed tone....

" oh...you two...its my mistake I asked you to call her...."
We suddenly looked at him in shock...it was my father we never expected him to come out of nowhere...