Soul?

After Breakfast, and painstakingly drinking that wretched drink, Cale and Kael finally proceeded with their plan to go out, ahem, Only Cale's plan.

It was pretty uneventful, both of them didn't destroy anything or cause a ruckus as usual.

"You should might as well carry me" Kael said, Avoiding yet another busybody who's rushing to whatever they want to do.

Cale looked back from where he's dragging along Kael, and smirked. It looked both cute and devious.

"If you insist" Saying so Cale crouched down.

"Or do you want a Princess carry? I don't mind both"

Hearing all of this, Kael had a flabbergasted expression on his face and his jaw almost dropped to the floor. "Tsk, you brat"

Ignoring Cale, Kael proceeded to walk past him. Cale was quick to catch up with him and match his pace.

"What? I only did what you requested. Ain't I a good Hyung?" Cale winked, all very much proud of his actions.

Kael had a disgruntled Fox's expression on his face as he again ignored Cale altogether, not knowing what to say at this point.

Both of them roamed around on the bustling street, trying out all kinds of food together after Kael makes sure they're not poisonous since being nobles has been always dangerous in every novel he read.

And unlike last time when someone tried a hand at kidnapping both noble children which resulted in destruction and chaos, plus Deruth almost going bald at this age due to immense worry and panick, this time it was relatively peaceful and the shopkeepers were very kind.

Afterwards when the sun was high up in the sky, signalling lunch, they both returned home.

.

.

.

.

.

"Hey old man"

Eruhaben sighed, looking toward his son who entered at exactly sharp 6 pm, He can't even complain since he is the one who pushed forward this agenda of freedom which resulted in his kid not spending as much time with him anymore.

Kael, looking at Eruhaben's pitiful expression, winced. Resolving to spend a full week with the old man after this.

"What is it?" The ancient Dragon finally responded to Kael's mention of his godforsaken nickname at this point.

Kael seemed Hesitant, fidgeting with his robe's sleeves. The kid was slightly chubby now, very adorable to see and he's getting taller albeit slowly.

After a long while of Kael seemingly piecing his scattered thoughts together, he finally said what was on his mind. "Do you know about any way I can preserve a soul?..."

The cat's finally out of the bag and Eruhaben had an odd expression on his face, not getting why he was even questioned about this.

For the first time, Eruhaben didn't know what to say as no one has ever attempted what Kael just asked.

"Well... I'm sorry to say this but I don't think there is a way..." Eruhaben had a frown on his face as he replied, not being able to provide a convenient answer left a bad taste in his mouth.