Mission Fails, Alternate Universes, And Half-Assed Confessions.

Start from the beginning

"Hah! Thought you could get me tree branch?! Hah! I'm Black Heart, the great and amazing ProXYYYYYY!!" I started my great retort but was cut off as I felt the ground underneath simply not be there anymore, and I started free-falling.

"Why does this magical shit always happen to me?!" I shout in vain as I'm hoisted into the air to a partly cloudy and ever-growing blue sky and concrete, the floor portal seemingly zipping up and vanishing before I can hit the ground, unable to brace my fall.

I lay there on my side for a minute before sitting up, groaning as I warily rubbed the arm that was on the ashy concrete.

My eyes adjusted to the harsh light of the rising sun as I took in my surroundings.

My eyes blinked rapidly twice, the first of them trying to adjust, the second of surprise as I looked at my... Old neighborhood.

Figures.

My thoughts were cut off by the sound of rapid footsteps approaching my general direction, and I turned my head slowly, silently preparing myself for whatever sight I was going to see.

What I wasn't expecting, however, was to see me walking with their head in their sweatshirt hood, the sleeves half rolled up and legs on full display in shorts walking briskly to what I could only assume was school considering the ungodly hour.

They didn't seem to notice me as they were too encased in their phone luckily, but from what I could see, they had dark circles under their eyes, and even a couple of bruises that were nearly concealed with makeup.

The largest, and frankly most worrying factor was the fact this version of me wasn't wearing their binder, but it was hardly noticeable given the sweatshirt.

My eyes were wide and my mouth was agape as I nearly sprang up from the ground, diving onto the nearest side of the sidewalk and walking as inconspicuously as I could.

Thoughts swirled in my mind, mainly, what version of me was this?

Perhaps it was me if I wasn't Non-Binary? No, that couldn't be it, their hair looked too short from what I could tell.

Could it be me before I was found by Toby? It couldn't, they looked taller than me, and if it was, then why would they be walking in the direction of the school?

And that's in the past, anyway...

Then... What?

I sighed nervously as I followed the mysterious other me to the school, still hoping to find Toby.

Once we reached the school, I could see Gloria sitting there with a look of annoyance, yet faint worry on her face.

And once both of us came into view, Gloria perked up, her usual smile covering her lips.