Chapter Thirty

A/N: Ok guys, this is the final chapter! But I'll also be posting a sneak peek of the sequel after this final chapter, so stay tuned for that! I'm super excited for the sequel so please read it once I start publishing! Yay! ok, I'll let you read now. :)

P.S. Thank you to @Hidden-Feeling for Gally and Lilli's ship name! The ship name is ...*drum rollllllll* Gilli! <3 Thank you again!

I spun around, unable to finish what I had planned to say as shouting erupted through the room, guards garbed in black, with helmets and shielding covering their face aiming guns towards each one of us. I gasped, Gally instantly stepping in front of me like a protective instinct.

"What's going on?" A couple Gladers shouted, fear stricken over their face. This didn't feel like a rescue. This felt like a second ambush. These people had danger written all over them. One of the men, who looked more filled with leadership than the others. That very well may have been, however, from the giant gun he was holding. At least this one was aimed at anything. Namely our faces. He lifted the shield that covered his face his rough, emotionless face triggered my slew of memories back when I had been captured and placed on that bus, brought to WICKED's Headquarters...all of it. It was the same man. The man from the bus. The man with the gray eyes, who had told me that I should be honored that WICKED had chosen me. I swallowed hard as he strode towards us.

"Lillian Waters and Shailene Okamoto. It's time with us." I swallowed hard, shaking my head as Minho stood protectively in front of the confusion and terrified Shai.

"They're not going anywhere." Gally barked. The man sighed, shaking his head.

"Son, I doubt you want to go there. Now we have direct orders from WICKED that these two-"

"First of all, I don't care who you have orders from! Second of all, I am not your son!" Gally barked again, his deep voice ricocheting off the walls as I bit my lip. I didn't want anyone to get hurt. I didn't want to start a fight. I didn't want to make anyone mad, or cause an outbreak. The gray eyed man laughed, shaking his head, but this laugh was different. More scarred, and aged. Like a part of him died inside when Gally said that.

"Yeah...well...maybe one day you'll see it differently. Look, I suggest you hand Ms. Waters and Ms. Okamoto over to-"

"Don't. You. Call. Me. That." Shai's voice boomed, despite her size. She stepped out from behind Minho, even though he pleaded for her to stay behind him. She crossed her arms, walking towards the man as I cleared my throat, straightening my shoulders as I stepped out from Gally's shadow as well. I couldn't live my life hiding behind others. That stopped now.

"You, have no right...to call me that. My name is Shai. Not Shailene. And not Ms. Okamoto. That was my mother, and she's dead now. No thanks to you!" Her voice was loud, the kind of voice who could summon the attention of a giant crowd, with a single word. She had the kind of voice that made you want to listen, hang on every syllable that echoed from her mouth. The kind of voice, that you could believe in.

"Ms. O-""You say that name one more God damn time and I'm gonna slap the shit out of you." She said, her voice low, but still very audible. The man laughed. His laugh, although far more aged and damaged, resembled that of Gally's.

"Ms. Okamoto I don't-" Bam. Slapped. To be fair, he had it coming. She had told him what she was going to do.

"How dare you!?" His voice boomed, but Shai didn't so much as flinch."I told you, that's not my name!" She shouted back, before spinning on her heels, standing beside me. The man scowled, obviously not about to let a girl of no more than 5 feet 2 inches, slap him and get away with it.