Chapter Three

I woke up early. Today was Saturday, so I had to spend the day with Sammy. I read the time and it was 5:30 in the morning. I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth and shower. I got a text from one of my colleagues, Francis.

"Bonjour Arthur, are you coming into work today?"

"No, I don't come weekends."

"But didn't you say this week you're coming in to help?"

Ugh, stupid frog.

"Oh yeah, uh, plans changed. I'll call in. Terribly sorry!"

Can't he just leave me alone?

"Well hope you have a good rest of your day ❤️." He texted

Why does he have to make EVERYTHING about love. Not like he even cares about me anyway, he has a lot of other friends. Ever since I married Sammy, I didn't really have any friends as Sammy made me cut contact with them. Even with my own family back home.

I went into the shower and used my favorite strawberry hair shampoo. I love peaceful mornings like this.

After I finished my shower, I got dressed and put my pendant back on. I saw the names on the back of the pendant. The names of my brothers. Though they loved to tease me, they we all did love each other. I felt my eyes tearing up, but decided to just continue my morning routine.

I was in the kitchen, drinking my morning cup of tea and heard Sammy coming down the stairs.

"So, what's the plan for today?" She asked in as surprisingly sweet tone

"Well, do you want to go out?" I asked

"Oh yeah! Let's go to the mall!"

"Sure! Wait but weren't you on call with you mom yesterday about how you promised to go to the temple today?" I asked

"Pfft. Arthur, you know that's a lie. I do not want anything to do with those Indians."

"Sammy! You're Indian yourself and if you ask me, I think Indian culture is great and I honestly find it beautiful." I said. I was always into world relationships and cultures growing up.

"Says you. Of course you won't understand. Well, shall I get ready for the mall?"

"Sure, why not."

(Time skip: 8 hours)

I was walking around the Apple store with Sammy, until I saw familiar long blonde hair in a distance.

'Shit' I taught to myself, as he turned around and saw me.

"Ah! Bonsoir Arthur, nice to run into you." He said

"Oh uhh.. hi Francis. What are you doing here?" I asked

"Ah looking for a new iPhone for my sister since it's her birthday soon." He said smiling

"That's sweet. You seem like a great brother." I said smiling. He really was. He always did what he could for his sister, I think Lucille was her name?

"I love Lucille, so I give her the best every birthday."

"I wish I could still see my brothers." I said quietly, surprisingly he heard me

"Awh, what's wrong?" He asked as he put a hand on my shoulder

"Oh uh nothing. Well, I'm just here shopping with my wife." I was still shaking though

"Oh that's nice." He had a worried look on his face, "well see you around?"

"Yep!"

Why am I so awkward.