AU: LOF Part 4

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ This chapter contains no spoilers so enjoy :)

Carlo's heart raced as he faced the stern gaze of the nurse, her words like a cold slap in the face, snapping him back to the harsh reality of his surroundings

Carlo's heart raced as he faced the stern gaze of the nurse, her words like a cold slap in the face, snapping him back to the harsh reality of his surroundings. Though he tried to maintain a facade of innocence, a sinking feeling settled in the pit of his stomach as he realized the gravity of his situation.

"Huh, there you are. You should be in your room! The door was closed," the nurse scolded, her tone firm and disapproving as she regarded Carlo with a critical eye.

"But you left it opened..." Carlo countered, his voice tinged with defiance as he crossed his arms in front of him, unwilling to back down without a fight.

"I'm sure it was not open! I know, because I locked it," the nurse insisted, her patience wearing thin as she dismissed Carlo's protestations with a wave of her hand.

"How did I get out, then? It was open!" Carlo persisted, his frustration mounting as he struggled to make sense of the situation.

"Hmm, don't try to trick me! Go inside your room and wait for the doctor!" the nurse commanded, her tone leaving no room for argument as she ushered Carlo back towards his bed with a firm hand.

Defeated, Carlo begrudgingly complied, his mind racing with questions and doubts as he retreated to the confines of his room once more. Though he longed to break free from the oppressive confines of the facility, he knew that he would need to bide his time and wait for the right moment to make his escape.

As he settled onto his bed, Carlo's thoughts turned to the masked boy and their brief encounter, a flicker of hope reigniting within him at the memory of their shared camaraderie. With renewed determination, Carlo vowed to find a way to overcome the obstacles that stood in his path, no matter the cost. And with that resolve burning bright within him, he awaited the arrival of the doctor, knowing that his fate hung in the balance.

Carlo's frustration simmered beneath the surface, his mind ablaze with a fierce determination to break free from the suffocating confines of the facility. With each passing moment, the walls seemed to close in around him, their sterile confines a stark reminder of the captivity that held him prisoner.

"Argh! I have no time for this! I have to find my way out!" Carlo exclaimed, his voice filled with a sense of urgency as he resolved to take matters into his own hands. With a steely determination fueling his every move, he rose from his bed and began to pace the length of his room, his thoughts racing as he formulated a plan of action.

Every step brought him closer to his goal, his mind sharp and focused as he scoured the room for any sign of weakness or opportunity. With each passing moment, his resolve only grew stronger, his determination unyielding in the face of adversity.

As he searched for a means of escape, Carlo's thoughts turned to the masked boy and their fleeting encounter, a spark of inspiration igniting within him at the memory of their shared defiance. With renewed purpose, he vowed to honor their unspoken bond by finding a way to break free from their shared captivity, no matter the obstacles that lay in his path.