Chapter 17

Tula

Walking around the pack lands with Alpha Scott is enlightening, I start to realize how big this pack actually is. Everyone I get introduced to treats me like a normal person, just in wolf form. It's nice but I can't help but wonder how long it will last. The small village of houses is impressive, so are the gardens and all the security around the inner pack lands. Alpha Scott shows me all the safe houses hidden around the property and how to get into all of them.

He introduced me to all the guards on duty and told me how their patrols work to cover so much ground, and this is only the center of the pack lands. Apparently the guards are lighter here because there are another two rings of them further out. Naturally the heaviest concentration is around the outer ring, where attacks are most likely. It takes four different groups to patrol different sections because it is so large. The fact that it would take an entire day to get around it all is still shocking to me.

I think about everything as we make our way back to our room. Alpha Scott tells me to have a break while he returns our breakfast dishes and checks that everything is ready for lunch. I lay down on the cushions and try to relax, but I am just getting nervous again.

Alpha Scott comes back with a snack for us, we will be going down to lunch while everyone is eating, then he will introduce me and Hazel. He decided we wouldn't eat in front of the pack, for which I am grateful. I eat my snack then with a sigh I get up and make my way to the door. Alpha Scott follows me with a smile. "They will love you, don't worry so much little mate." He opens the door and leads me to a small stage in the dining room.

Some of the closer pack members watch us as we make our way onto the stage, while others continue eating until Alpha Scott coughs to get their attention. I suddenly feel like the center of attention, I don't like it, my body moves closer to Alpha Scott on its own. I rub against his leg and he smiles down at me.

"Hello everyone, Thankyou all for coming on such short notice. I would like to announce that I have met my mate and your Luna." He pauses while everyone reacts, some gasp and smile others cheer, the one thing that they all do is look around expectantly. Alpha Scott smiles down at me and places his hand on my head. "This is my mate Tula, Unfortunately she has been stuck in wolf form since she was seven. We will find a way for her to shift back but even if that never happens she is still the Luna of this pack and will be treated as such."

He pauses again while I fight the urge to hide behind him, I keep my head up and my back straight, inside I am trembling. Some of the pack frown at me but others start to clap and cheer. "Thank you everyone for welcoming my mate, we also have another new member to welcome." He points over to where I can see Hazel. "Everyone this is Hazel, she cared for my mate in their former pack when no one else did. Please make her feel welcome."

The pack cheers again and Hazel hides a blush, she nods around at all the smiling faces until Alpha Scott gets everyone's attention. "Finally there will be some slight changes around here as I will be moving to a new suite being built on the ground floor, at this stage the top floor will remain empty until I decide what to do with it. Thank you all for your time and please introduce yourselves to Luna Tula when you get the chance. We will leave you to finish your lunch now."

I follow Alpha Scott back to our room and go straight out the door and flop down onto the cushions. That was exhausting.