Prologue: Beginnings

The Keyblade War has taken its course at the only place to spawn the ultimate weapon, the X-Blade, at the Keyblade Graveyard. The mastermind behind all the events that have transpired, Xehanort, formed Organization XIII as his 13 Seekers of Darkness to fight against the 7 Guardians of Light.

Xehanort, Ansem (his Heartless), Xemnas (his Nobody), Young Xehanort, Vanitas, Terra-Xehanort, Xigbar, Luxord, Larxene, Marluxia, Saix, Riku Replica, and Xion all took part in the war for the future of all worlds for Kingdom Hearts.

But they were all defeated thanks to the efforts of the Seven Guardians of Light who consists of Sora, Riku, Mickey, Aqua, Ventus, Kairi and Lea. But gained more members upon rescuing Terra and Xion, as well as bringing back Roxas.

Sealing Kingdom Hearts for the last time, the war was over. But came with a grave cost. Kairi was struck down by Xehanort and Sora went on a journey to bring her back using the Power of Waking. Going back in time and reliving the moments of the war, he was able to get Kairi back. But overusing the Power of Waking came with a huge consequence.

Everyone celebrated their victory and partied at the Destiny Islands. Sora and Kairi finally were together, but the former faded away from existence. This saddened everyone as the one who helped them with their struggles was gone. He saved them countless times, now it was their turn to save him.

But that is for another time. This time.... this story centers around a particular group of Nobodies.
___________________________

A ray of sunshine was spreading throughout a town filled with lively people. The sound of bells ringing, kids playing, and a train was heard. Welcome to....

The sound of footsteps were heard as a group of seven were walking and running through the streets of Twilight Town

???: "Come on you guys! We don't want to be late for the main event!"

???: "Calm down Hayner, we're catching up!"

???: "Yeah, it's not like we're going anywhere else."

Hayner: "But you do know what today is, right?! It's the annual Struggle Competition! Come on, Olette, Pence!"

???: "Hey, don't forget about us!"

Olette: "We're not forgetting about you, Roxas."

Pence: "That's right, you also signed up for the competition."