chapter 3

POV: Moony

As me and Honesty talked the whole class the bell then rang. "Oh shit what class do we have next?" Honesty says.  Hold on let's see.

Schedule

First period - Algebra 2 Miss Evo

Second period - Chemistry Mister Z

Third period - Spanish 2 Mister Martinez

Fourth period - English Miss Deb

Lunch

Fifth period - History Mister Lance

Sixth period - health science Dr hara

Seventh period - gym coach Williams

"Ugh Chemistry" Honesty says with annoyance in her voice.

Ok let's go. I respond. As we walked to class Honesty suddenly stops and yells across the hall "hey Damien!" After that a black dude who looked a little like Honesty turns around and rolls his eyes.

He walks towards us and says "what do you want honesty" "dang a girl can't talk to her brother" she says. Oh that's why he looks like her I thought to myself. "yes you can what do you want?" He says.  "Let me see your schedule" .... "No" that's all he says and then he walks away.

"Ugh so rude" honesty says "let's go girl he rude" then we walk to class and get to chemistry.

once we reach chemistry all the seats are filled and there are no seats that are next to each other that aren't filled so we have to separate "okay girl I'm going to sit over there you sit over there and I'll see you in 4th okay?"  Honesty says "All right see ya." I say back.

The class goes on and it's a little boring all we do is introduce ourselves but I didn't get to because we didn't have enough time so the bell rings and we go to third period.

me and honesty wave to each other and say bye until 5th. As  I walk around and try to look for my class which is B209 I hear my stomach grumble I then realize I didn't eat breakfast this morning.

It's probably a good thing though, I need to lose a few pounds. Once I make it to Spanish there's only a couple seats left none of the kids in this class look familiar so I sit alone.

Fourth period the same happens. And so s lunch since I couldn't  find Honesty.

  After the bell rings it's now it's fifth period history with mister Lance. When I get there honesty is already there and I sit next to her and we talk more in the class. 

"yes girl when me and kelani got into it I beat her ass." Honesty says. Really? I didn't even know y'all had beef. I saw back.

"Yes girl we have been going at it for years and we finally settled it with me beating her ass." she laughs.

Yeah I guess. Is all I say. The late bell rings and that kid from earlier who walked out of homeroom came in Matthew I think his name was walked in and sat in the front of the classroom since those were the only seats left.

As the class went on Honesty talked in my ear but the only thing on my mind was that guy Matthew why is he so interesting to me?

There's just something about him maybe his hair or his outfit but I feel the need to speak to him. As I'm thinking I see someone putting their hand in front of my face then I snap out of it.

"hey you good girl I've been snapping my fingers the past 5 minutes what you thinking about?"

Oh nothing. "Oh come on girl tell me!" She says a little loudly. Maybe later. "All right fine, wait girl do you want to hang out after school and where were you during lunch?"

Oh I was just looking around the school

"Oh ok well I have a group of friends I want you to meet." Okay I would like that. "Great okay now let's pay attention girl cuz I need to pass this class." As the class continues on my eyes keep diverting to Matthew.

I got to find a way to talk to him out of nowhere I hear honesty say "okay come on girl what do you think about?" Okay fine you see that guy over there?

"Yeah matthew?" Yeah. I say shocked Matthew. "What about him?" She says. You know him? I say back. "Yeah he's best friends with my brother he spends the night sometimes."  Really? "Yeah why?* She asks confused

Oh nothing I just have a weird feeling about him. "Oh well there's nothing you need to worry about he's harmless I mean he acts all mean and stuff but he's actually a sweetheart you just got to get to know him.

Why did he walk out of class today do you know? I ask  "Yeah him and Mr Lance go way back. he was a sophomore last year but he has to repeat because he failed and
for some reason he didn't go to summer school.

But one time last year towards the beginning of the year Mr Lance always had it out for him and he would always call Matthew's dad and tell him every little thing Matthew did.

He would always criticize him and embarrass him in front of the whole class all the time it was brutal.

I can tell over the summer he got more buff though and as far as what I saw this morning he got more careless. I don't know why Mr Lance hates him so much but it is what it is." Yeah I say deep in thought.

Eventually Mister Lance introduces himself and tells us the criteria of this school year. Soon the class is over.

Now it sixth period girl" Honesty says.
Yeah see you in seventh. "See ya" she says walking out.

As she leaves I see Matthew walk out as well and for some reason I decide to follow him. So I grab my stuff and head out. I'm sure to stay out of sight and keep my distance.

I then realize we're headed to my next class  Health science with Dr Hara. I watch as he walks into the class and sits down. I stay outside for a second and then walk in.

I sit on the other side of the room away from him which is close to the door he's by the windows. The bell rings and Dr hara comes in and say good afternoon students and then I space out.

All of the sudden students start moving around and I hear Dr Hara say one partner only.

Oh shit I think to myself. Everyone ends up it's a partner except for Matthew and I. Dr Hara says "ok everyone has a partner except you too. How about you work together." Ok i say. Matthew says nothing but looks at me and then stands up.

He sits next to me since the seat was now open and says nothing but nods towards me.

Hi I respond. "Hey" he says. There's something about his voice that makes my body jolt. It's deep with a little rasp but I pretend it doesn't affect me.

It's silent between us for a second. The only sound being the students chatting about something. Matthew then looks at me a little confused "do you know what we're doing?"

It takes me a second to process what he just said and that makes him look annoyed so I quickly answer. Yeah yeah we're... Ummm. This makes him sigh and he says "we are doing a project and me and you are partners."

Oh ok sorry. "It's ok."