chapter 1

POV: moony

I sit in the living room watching Good girls on Netflix when my mom comes in. "Make sure you get ready for school tomorrow you know I ain't gone be there Imma be at work and make sure Angel don't miss the bus ok?" Ok mama I say back. As I get up I grab my phone and call my dad.

He was never really in my life so our relationship is a little up and down but at least he's trying now. When he answers he says "hey princess how are you?" and I say I'm good dad about to shower and get ready for bed cause I start school tomorrow. "Ok baby well goodnight." goodnight dad.

As I go to my room I pass my little sister Angels room she's asleep. Once I reach my room I turn on the light and go to my closet to find an outfit for the first day of sophomore year tomorrow.

As I look through my closet I start to get upset I keep finding cute outfits but none of them hide my stomach or my scars so I decide on the black hoodie and some blue jeans but in the meantime I grabbed some black shorts and a red shirt to put on after I shower.

After my shower I put on my purple bonnet and can't help but feel the nerves of starting school tomorrow since last year wasn't the best. I mean that was when I was diagnosed with depression, an eating disorder, and was when I started to cut but I'm trying to stop now sometimes it's just really hard

it's not like I get bullied or anything I simply just hate myself and when you hate yourself it's hard to enjoy anything else but now it's time for bed because I'm tired so I turn off the lights and go to sleep.

--------------------------------------------

When my alarm goes off I wake up immediately from the loud noise and get up. I brush my teeth put my dreads in a ponytail and put on my outfit and some converse. I then go to Angels room and wake her up. As she gets ready I go on my phone and scroll through tik tok then I do her hair and put them in two puffs.

At 7:00 a.m. I walk with my sister to her bus stop and wait there. "look there's the bus!" She shouts way too excited at this time of day but I guess it makes sense because she's only six. When the bus pulls up I give her a hug bye and start walking to my school. When I get close there's cars and kids everywhere.

As a walk in the building there's a sign that says scan the barcode for your homeroom class. There's a line but eventually I get through it. After I scan the barcode I got room B214 great the second floor I mutter to myself. I don't know why but School stairs are so hard to walk up.

When I get to the room there are already a couple kids there and the teacher, the teacher is a man with a bald head and glasses he's white with some sort of suit on but not the jacket part just the black dress pants and a white button up.

Boy does this man have a stomach on him but it's okay I guess. As I scan the class there's a group towards the back and to be honest they all look fine.

I remember some of them from last year. Leamaris a lightskin with pretty eyes , Dimitri a dark skin with big lips , Malakai a hispanic with olive skin and brown eyes , fat fat AKA Deshawn a dark skin shaped like a bear, And Slim a lean dark skin with big pink lips and pretty brown eyes.

Towards the front of the class is Jessica and her crew Emily and Vicky Jessica is a blonde with blue eyes Emily is a brunette with a brown eyes and Vicky is a redhead with green eyes. They were cool I guess

Now to the side there were two girls I recognized Bianca and Kalani. Bianca was a pretty dark skin girl and Kalani was a light skin we were cool too but we never really spoke to each other. The rest of the kids were strangers, I decided to sit next to the window on the other side of the classroom away from everybody and looked on my phone.

A few minutes went by and the class started to fill up even another kid I recognized with his best friend came in Xavier a white boy with dark hair some blue eyes and Alex another white boy with blonde hair and blue eyes as well they were both pretty lean.

Seems like everybody upgraded from last year I think I look the same though. I have dreads that go to my chest but are in a ponytail right now, brown skin, brown eyes, big pink lips, and a curvy body.

As the class filled a girl sat next to me she was black with braids in her head. One of the guys from the back yelled "hey Honesty!" The girl beside me looked back and said "fuck off Dimitri I don't got time fa yo shit this year damn." "Ok fine den" he said back.

I chuckled Honesty looked at me and said "wassup" I said hey. "You Moony right?" Yeah that's me. "Oh wassup girl I remember you, you look good girl you had a glorious glow up." I laugh and say thank you, you did too girl.

"Thanks girl. I'm tired of these niggas already." She says as one of the guys in the back flips a desk. "Hey settle down!" The teacher yelled.

Then the bell rang and at this point all the seats were filled... Except one. The one in front of me. As soon as I notice this a boy comes in and it does not look like he wants to be here.

He's a white boy with brown hair and brown eyes. For some reason the teacher says "welcome back Matthew" the boy I'm assuming is Matthew looks at the teacher for a second and then walks back out. "Type shit!" Leomaris yells from the back.

"Hey quiet down you" the teacher said. "Anyways my name is Mister Lance Im one of the history teachers and your homeroom teacher. Ugh here we go I say in my head.

-----------

The class finally ends and mister Lance hands out our schedules. Honesty looks at me and says "let's compare our schedules" sure I say back.

"Looks like we have first period, second period, fifth period, and seventh together!"

Looks like it. "Well let's go girl before we be late." Alright alright. I grab my things and walk with Honesty to first period which is Algebra two... Great.

Once we get there we sit next to each other laughing and giggling the whole time. I really like this girl I thought to myself. "And I was like fuck no!" She said while laughing and I laughed along "so yeah thats why me and Leomaris broke up.

He's a cheater at heart." Aww I'm really sorry girly I say.

"It's ok I'm ready to move on." She says. That's good. "What about you, you got a boyfriend?" Oh no not me. "Really! Why not you are so pretty girl." The first thing that popped up in my head was that she's lying.

I laugh the thought away and say I'm just not ready for a relationship right now. "I feel you." Then the bell rang.