II. falling in love

†††

( another long chapter ahead. hope y'all enjoy. )

OMNISCIENT

NOVEMBER 24TH, 1996DETROIT, MICHIGAN

NOVEMBER 24TH, 1996
DETROIT, MICHIGAN

JOSIAH YAWNS AS HE STANDS UP, STRETCHING BEFORE WALKING AROUND HIS STUDIO. He had been working on his album for a few months now and it seemed like no progress was being made. The songs weren't coming out as well as he'd hoped, the lyrics weren't coming out either. It was like his mind was fogging up, getting distracted by numerous things.

And one of those things was his new "friend" Aaliyah. It seemed like they grew close in the span of those months, constantly sneaking out of the studio to enjoy each other's company took his mind off the stressful process of making an album.

Speaking of albums, Aaliyah's second album dropped back in August and Josiah's been playing it on repeat since. He even bought two copies, being a supportive friend.

He was too lost in his thoughts to notice the girl sneaking into his studio, holding in her laugh as she slammed the door shut, causing Josiah to damn near jump out of his skin. He quickly turned around to see who it was, playfully rolling his eyes.

"Hey friend!" Aaliyah greets with a smile before rushing over to the man, giving him a hug. "You listened to my album yet? Did you like it?" She asked, making Josiah chuckle softly.

"I mean.. it's okay." He said jokingly before laughing at himself. "Nah.. I liked it. It's a cool record." He compliments, making Aaliyah smile. She rubs his back before pulling away from the hug.

"I'm glad you like it. They've been playing my music videos all on BET! I know you seen at least one of them." She says, stuffing her hands in her jacket pockets.

"I seen One in a Million a few times on there. Y'all did y'all thing on that joint." Josiah responds with a slight nod. "I heard Darkchild's supposed to release a lil remix soon." He adds, making Aaliyah nod as well.

"He is!" She starts to say as her smile grew. Josiah furrowed his eyebrows as he watched the girl pull a blank compact disk from out of her jacket pocket. How did it not break?..

"And I got it right here!" Aaliyah adds before walking up to the soundboard, pausing the instrumental Josiah had on. "Barry's been hiding it from me but I finally got it from him. Wanna listen to it with me?" She asks.