I. a warm detroit welcome

†††

( kinda long chapter ahead. hope y'all enjoy. )

OMNISCIENT

MAY 31ST, 1996DETROIT, MICHIGAN

MAY 31ST, 1996
DETROIT, MICHIGAN

NASIR SPEEDS DOWN THE BUSY STREETS OF DOWNTOWN DETROIT, ignoring the many car horns and angry yells coming from the cars he passed by. He turns his radio's volume up as he speeds through a red light.

"Yo. How you feelin' Detroit, son?" He asked the man seated in the passenger seat, who was looking out the car's window. "Ion know. These niggas can't drive for real, Jo." He adds, making the man next to him chuckle.

"Man.. I'm just tryna get this album finished so I can see what kinda hot shorties Detroit got to offer, nahmean?" Josiah says with a grin before rubbing his hands together. "But nah.. I think I'ma enjoy myself. I got your dumbass, Cormega and Nature comin' down here next week? Shit's gone be a movie for sure, son!" He adds happily.

Josiah already made a name for himself with his debut album 'Doe or Die', but he wanted this next album to outdo his first. So Virgin Records had him head down to Detroit, stating that they wanted him to have a "change of scenery".

"You know that Barry nigga lettin' us record at Blackground, right?" Nasir asked, making Josiah shake his head. "They stopped working wit' them niggas at Jive and got a deal with Atlantic." He explained.

"Wait— ain't that Barry nigga related to that Back and Forth girl?" Josiah asked as Nasir made a sharp turn into the Vanguard Studio's parking lot.

"Aaliyah? Yeah. Shorty's prolly in here workin' on her shit." Nasir responds as he parked in an open spot, making Josiah take his seatbelt off.

He really ain't paid attention to what that Aaliyah chick had going on. Unless it was that whole marriage situation with that weird nigga. He felt bad for the girl. Damn near being blacklisted all cause a nigga couldn't be a normal person for just a second.

He couldn't even wrap his head around the fact that the man had people really defending his ass either.

"I only heard a few songs from her. Other than that, Ion really know her forreal." Josiah says truthfully before hopping out of Nasir's car. "Let's get on my shit though. You got them tapes?" He asked, grabbing his bag from the backseat.