014 | Right, Right, Right

〰

Elodie groggily unzipped her tent and crawled out, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. The early morning light filtered through the trees, casting a soft glow over the camp. She had to blink against the sunlight for a moment after having come out of a dark tent.

She quickly made her way to the group gathered around the car. They were all huddled over a map, most likely preparing to head out in search of Sophia.

Elodie had held back from joining the recent searches for Sophia, not wanting to be a burden and believing she could find other ways to occupy herself at the farm. 

However, she found out that this farm did not have the large amount of animals she expected it to have. They didn't have pigs, or sheep. Only horses and chickens, which were cool, but she couldn't bother them all the time.

So, she decided she would ask to join the search this time. It would only be once, and she'd be supervised. Nothing could really go wrong.

"Nothing 'bout what Daryl found screams Sophia to me," Shane remarked from where he sat in the car, looking at a point in the distance. "Anyone could've been holed up in that farmhouse."

Elodie stopped beside Andrea, frowning at what Shane said. Why was he being so negative all of a sudden? He wanted to help find Sophia first, too. Why is he suddenly so convinced she's not out there?

"Anybody includes her, right?" Andrea voiced Elodie's thoughts, before quickly glancing down at the girl. "Hey, Elodie. Had a good sleep?"

Elodie looked up at her, slightly furrowing her eyebrows. "Yes."

"Good." Andrea patted her on the shoulder, causing Elodie to subtly shift away, hoping Andrea wouldn't notice.

Andrea had gotten mad at her for not helping her enough back in the woods before Maggie came. Elodie had heard what she said, though she had been distracted by Maggie. Andrea's mood seemed to swing from anger to sweetness in the blink of an eye. Elodie didn't get it.

"Whoever slept in that cupboard was no bigger than yay-high," Daryl said, holding his hand up to indicate a height slightly above his waist.

"It's a good lead," Andrea spoke, releasing her hold on Elodie's shoulder.

"Maybe we''ll pick up her trail again," Rick agreed.

"No maybe about it. I'm gonna borrow a horse," Daryl started, pointing at a spot on the map laid out in front of them. "head up this ridge right here, get a bird's-eye view of the whole grid. If she's up there, I'll spot her."

Elodie gave Dale a small wave as he approached with a bunch of guns, receiving a kind smile in return. She then turned back to Daryl, placing her hands on the car as she bounced excitedly on her toes at the mention of a horse.