I caught Chester's eyes as I thought that last thought, and the realization finally smacked me. I had been turning away from the truth, hoping that it would change, but I knew it wouldn't. Mabel shouldn't have to learn to love me. No one should have to learn anyone. And the fact that I thought it would happen, just made me out to be more than a fool that I already was.

Mabel, through all her faults would always be my sister, but as for right now, she had chosen to decline that role in my life, and I wouldn't force her to fulfill it. Not anymore, not ever.

"I woke up to her stepping on my stomach," I said, which caused a growl to come out of Cody, I ignored it and continued, "When I tried to pull her off, she lost balance and fell on me, her elbow hit my lip, and then I pushed her off and rolled over to catch my breath. At which point she kicked me," Even I could tell how far away my voice sounded, "I rolled over, and stood up. I asked her what the hell, she yelled and insulted me, I tried to reason..." I sucked in a breath, looking at the floor, "then she threw the lamp," I looked up at Cody, "Sorry about your lamp."

Cody looked at me for a long time before looking at Mabel, "Is this what happened?" he was pissed.

She crossed her arms, eyes latching onto me, there was no mistaking the venom in her eyes, "She was on the floor, in my way. I didn't mean to step on her, but I was going to the bathroom, and well," she gave a shrug, "how is it my fault she blends into the floor, like she was made to be there?"

Chester put a hand on Cody's chest, it wouldn't have done any good if he were really going to go after Mabel, but the small reminder brought him back. I stood up.

"Look I know this is the third strike and all, but you guys can't just kick her out because she doesn't like me. Can't she be housed somewhere else? Maybe she'd be happy if I wasn't everywhere she goes?"

Cody's eyes flickered to me in disbelief, "Three strikes?"

There was a nervous laugh and then Chester cleared his throat, "About that. I think we need to have a meeting about Mabel, see what we're going to do. This behavior, and other offenses, are not to be tolerated. But perhaps Kodi is right, and she'd be better away from Kodi," Chester said. He didn't sound like he agreed one bit, but at the same time he was trying to give me a little bit of trust that I knew what I was saying.

Which was crazy, because I was just trying to save Mabel's but, once again.

Cody glared at Chester before looking over at me, he seemed to sag a little in defeat. He knew that nothing could be done of it tonight, and it was best that we just wait until morning to do anything further.

"I want Mabel tied to something, so she can't run off, or hurt Kodi in the night again. We will address this again tomorrow, when Sam and Beck are back."

He stomped up the stairs, and Mabel got all wide eyed as Chester apologized, I think that was out of his nice nature more than him being sorry, and tied her up and covered her with a blanket. She was swearing up a storm, and before he left her, he put her on the floor and stood up straight, hands on his hips.

He nodded to himself before turning around, eyes landing on me, starring at my sister in horror. His eyes softened.

"Kodi, she needs to be restrained, I don't want to wake up again, only to find you dead or something," he said helping me to my feet, "Come one, you can sleep in Beck's bed tonight," he said.

With that he lead me up stairs, not bothering to look back at Mabel, who was still swearing at us. I did though, and then I wished I hadn't. Her eyes were dark with anger and promised revenge. It was almost enough to make me go and untie her, but Chester pulled me softly up the stairs, out of her dagger like gaze.

"Does she have to be tied up?" I asked, when we were at the top of the stairs.

Chester made a face, "You're way too forgiving and nice, Kodi," he said, but didn't answer me as he shoo'd me into Beck's room.

I looked around, half expecting to see Cody, but when I didn't I looked at Chester, who was bent down, picking Chip up off the ground. He saw my expression, and while petting my grey haired cat, answered the unspoken question.

"He's staying up to watch your sister," he handed me Chip, "if you need me, I'll be in my room."

Chester kissed my forehead before leaving the room, he left the door open a crack, and through that crack I could still hear Mabel swearing at Cody. The things that left her mouth, the threats, made me almost happy she was tied up and couldn't follow through with them.

Chip gave a soft meow, and I curled up around her, petting her fur in attempt to sooth my shot nerves.