Chapter 3- Admission

I got into the ambulance with a man who asked me some questions and talked to me a little bit about my hobbies.

He asked me what music I liked to listen to and even put it on for me.

We pulled into the back of the hospital and he let me out and walked me inside. I was taken through a series of locked doors that were only unlocked by a special keycard.

I was taken into a room where they made me take off my clothes and scanned them with some type of detector device.

I put my clothes back on and they took a picture of me. I was put into a waiting room where a girl that looked around my age was also there.

There was a TV with some stupid show about a high school. It's all I had entertainment wise so I watched it anyway.

I had given my phone to my mom earlier that day so she kept it while I was in the hospital. A man came in with a ankle bracelet in his hands and put it on me.

A little while later, a woman came in and told me to come with her. She asked me a series of questions and explained the rules and schedule.

"It's currently shower and call time right now." The woman said. "I'll come back in a little bit to take you to your unit" the woman said.

She took me back to the waiting room. I waited a little while longer and then she came in.

She took me down a long hallway until we got to an elevator. She pressed the button to go to the third floor and took me through some doors.

I saw some kids and then was taken through another door. I saw a couple kids yelling and fighting. I also saw some boys wrestling. "Oh great, I'm on the crazy kid's floor." I thought to myself.

I was taken to a room and was told to take off my clothes again. They checked my weight, my vitals, and my temperature.

Then they had me sit down near where the other kids are at. "Is she staying here?" A boy asked, I was slightly annoyed since I recently came out as transgender (FTM) to my mom. "Yes" the woman replied. "Hi" The boy said to me. "Hello" I responded. Then the boy ran back to the other kids.

After a while of waiting, I was told where my room was and I met my roommate. They let me call my mom and I told them her number.

"Hi mom, I just wanted to let you know that I made it here okay." I said. "Alright bud, love you." My mom said. "Love you too" I responded, then hung up.

"Alright bed time everyone." Another woman said, and everyone went to their rooms. I followed my roommate and I was now lying down.

"Wanna play a card game I made up?" She asked, pulling out a deck of cards. "Sure" I said, and she explained the rules.

After a little while of playing, a woman came in. "(Roommates name), I get it that your excited that you have a new roommate. But go to bed. The woman said and my roommate put the cards away.

We both fell asleep.