🌙Chapter 8 🌙

Carlos POV:

Carlos sat on the edge of his bed, heavy-eyed but with no will to sleep. The surrounding town was beginning to light up as the sun finally set the night to rest. The hotel room is now dimly lit by the light that passes through the cracks of the curtains displaying its features once again. Carlos saw the front door, that was the last place he had seen Lando, and probably the last time they would ever speak. I just made the biggest mistake of my life. He thought to himself, he'd felt lifeless ever since the door slammed shut, he wanted to run out, to call Lando's name, to hold him and tell him there had to be a way they could be together. But he couldn't, he just stood there, numb. An alarm went off on his phone, snapping him back to reality. The time read 5.25 am, exactly 2 hours before he had to be at the airport. His suitcase was still empty and clothes were still strewn around the room. He closed his eyes, letting out a sigh. Not only did he have to deal with the pain of losing his best friend, but packing and cleaning too, was something he didn't have the energy to deal with.

Lando POV:

Lando's mind was still foggy, his thoughts swimming in the remnants of sleep as he tried to regain his bearings. The room around him slowly came into focus, the dull light filtering through the curtains casting shadows on the walls. Rubbing his eyes, he finally managed to silence the blaring alarm, the sudden silence ringing in his ears."Thanks, mate," George muttered, his voice hoarse with sleep. Lando turned his attention to him his mind still hazed. His friend stood at the foot of the bed, arms crossed impatiently, a look of exasperation on his face. George shook his head, a smirk playing at the corners of his lips. "Honestly, how do you manage to sleep through that racket every single time I've stayed over?" Lando managed a weak smile, the remnants of sleep still clinging to his mind like cobwebs.

"Guess I'm just a heavy sleeper," he mumbled, his words trailing off as he finally swung his legs over the edge of the bed, feeling the cold floor beneath his feet.

"What time is your flight?" Lando asked with a yawn, his eyes heavy with sleep as he turned to George, expecting a casual response."8 am, so... shit, that's only 2 and a half hours away," George replied, a hint of panic creeping into his voice as he realized the time. Both of them locked eyes, a silent understanding passing between them as the reality of the situation sank in. Time was running out, and they were dangerously close to missing their flights."Fuck, that was my alarm to leave. What the hell happened to the one at five?" Lando muttered, disappointment evident in his tone as he cursed his mistake George shook his head, equally frustrated by the turn of events.

"No idea, mate. But we can't dwell on that now. We need to move," he said, urgency coating his words as he glanced at his watch once more before clapping his hands twice, Lando sighed, knowing that he had no choice but to act quickly if he wanted to make it to the airport on time. "You better head back to your hotel. No need to hang around with me," he said, turning to George with a sense of finality. With a small nod and wave, George understood the urgency of the situation. He took a few steps towards the door before turning back to face the McLaren driver.
"Just call me if things get bad again, alight mate?" He said a soft look in his eyes, Lando nodded calmly in response and with that George hurried to gather his belongings and made his way out the door, leaving Lando alone once again, as the memories of Carlos started to flicker back in, and an hour to get ready and be at the airport.