Chapter 4

**Ashley Theron**

After I reached close enough to have a full view of the school, I parked my blue sportsbike and looked around, hoping to see a certain someone waiting for me.

So, when my eyes spotted the golden locks shining under the sun, a smile gently spread over my face, and I made my way towards her. Even when I stood right behind her, she very conveniently ignored my very existence and went on merrily texting her boyfriend on her phone.

"My lady, Lily Jane, may I please have a tiny proportion of love and attention your boyfriend receives from you everyday?" I asked, bowing down gently and offering my right hand to her.

Lily was startled by my sudden arrival only for a brief moment before she too, got right into the act. "Why, of course, my lady, you shall receive all my love and attention reserved for my boyfriend, and more." she said smiling coyly and taking my hand.

A smile fully spread across my face,"shall we, then?" I asked
"Of course", and with that we walked straight into the butcher shop made for humans by vampire but most people there were not aware in the slightest, that among them, pretending to be just like them were beings who were no less than monsters themselves. In fact they were superior to those meager monsters we see on television.

For a school that decided to put vampires, humans and vampire hunters together, they had taken more than enough care to make separate classes and timetable for each categories. Not to mention they put it on a huge board instead of giving it to students individually.

But what caught my eye, was that sometimes two or more categories were merged, I can't make the slightest sense of what the people running this place are thinking, 'provided they are thinking at all.'

After comparing my schedule with Lily's, I worked on finding my first class, which I realized, was a class for both vampires and vampire hunters. 'Wow, couldn't have possibly found a better way to start my day.'

'Oh well,' I thought,' you know what they say, we got to find ways to trun our problems into opportunities.' I can feel it rearing its ugly head, a little prominent something called academic validation.

Alright then, this class is of mathematics, let's go and put those bloody mosquitoes in their places. With that thought I walked straight into my classroom. Shot a nod with a slight but polite smile at my teacher, to which he replied with the same, and took my place at the second table of the middle row. What can I say? This bench...feels sacred in a way the first bench doesn't.