18 - "Her World"

Bonnie sat quietly and listened to Lotus venting as they sat inside his Midtown Manhattan office

Bonnie sat quietly and listened to Lotus venting as they sat inside his Midtown Manhattan office. Lotus had been coming here a lot recently. To either meet with his close soldiers, to connect with the other side of the law to track Zeus and his crew down and to just have a quiet space to check up on his legal businesses.

Luckily, they had a hit on where the stripper Patricia "Juicer" Hemmingway lived and some sort of idea that William "Watcha" Olsen was somewhere in Harlem. They would use the stripper to lead them to the rest of the Prophets crew. And would also stakeout Harlem to look out for Watcha.

But while the Hunter soldiers were already on top of that, Lotus was taking the time to explain to Bonnie what had recently happened between him and Noelle. He told him about her hanging up the phone on a three-hour phone call right when he was about to get Kawsu's location. Lotus ended up reaching out to Andre West after, who had connections in Africa and would most likely find him, but still. The whole ordeal had been annoying. 

He told Bonnie that Noelle left the house and took the girls, going to her parents. He didn't stop her either feeling it was best.

Bonnie sat in a leather swivel chair around an oval shaped desk, leaning forward with his elbows on his knees. He eyed Lotus the whole time, watching him occasionally down Whiskey straight from the bottle while he spoke.

He finished explaining the story in ten minutes, but he wasn't done ranting.

"How do you have the gall to do what you did and you already know you're on thin ice with me, you know? I haven't even told anyone in my family that her brother is partly the reason why all of this is happening. I've been keeping it to myself this whole time and you're still going out of your way to piss me off?!"

Bonnie had a blank face, just watching his friend. When he took another swig of the alcohol, downed it but didn't say anything else, Bonnie figured he was done.

"You know you're also wrong, right?"

"Me? I'm wrong?" Lotus said looking at his righthand man. "Are you kidding me right now?"

"No. Noelle is wrong, but so are you. You're telling me this because you're hoping I'll tell you how you reacted wasn't wrong, so it would erase your guilt for how you handled the situation. But I'm not about to do that. Just like I told you with the Egypt situation, even though she was not the best child you were wrong for the way you use to speak to her. Same thing here, you're wrong for a multitude of reasons, it's not just her."

Lotus put the bottle down and wiped the back of his mouth. Honestly he felt Bonnie was still salty about the time he told him off for trying to school him about family—when he pointed out he left his brother in foster care. So Lotus felt he was just trying to do the same now to feel better about himself.

"Another reason this whole situation makes you wrong is because you know that woman knows you want her brother dead. So why would you even be having a conversation about tracking her brother down in the house, knowing she's right there in the house with you? Then wanna be mad she did what she did? She was scared, she didn't know what to do. She suppose to stand there and let you get the information to kill him? You shouldn't have even brought that to the house." Bonnie looked up at him, pointing his finger like he was talking to a child. "You mad disrespectful and I been telling you that."