Chapter 29

they took two separate cars, dividing up into each one. It was felix, minho, changbin and you in one car, and han, chan, jeongin, seungmin and hyunjin in the other.

you just joined in occasionally on conversations on the way there, but you still weren't exactly the glue of the team.

'i need to be more extroverted..' you mentally scold yourself.

you decided to just look out the window, as you usually got lost in your thoughts. you had wished that chan would have gone in the same car as you, because if he did you probably wouldn't be this quiet and closed off right now.

"areum, have you ever went clubbing before?" changbin suddenly asks, although you didn't know why as you were zoned out completely as they were deep in conversation.

"uh, yeah. it didn't turn out so well." you reply, now fidgeting with your hands.

"been there." he muttered as he started turning on another road.

"damn."

a few minutes later, you finally arrived, and you all got out of the car to meet with everyone else.

you saw a few scenes across the parking lot of people smoking, drinking, or some girl trying to flirt with a guy who has a nice car. though it was nothing new, since it looked a lot like your high school.

you all made your way in, immediately noticing the sensual lights that took over the place. it was a comfortable feeling for you for some reason. you all walked up to the bar, and a pretty woman with her hair tied up beautifully greeted you.

"hello, my name is yuri, what can i get you started with?" she smiles warmly at everyone as they begin to give her their order.

about an hour later, a couple of the guys had went off somewhere, probably flirting with some girl. bang chan continued sitting next to you, as you, him, and the nice bartender were deep in conversation. you really wanted to befriend her, as she seemed like a genuinely sweet person.

"well, i'm about to go on break, so another bartender will take my place for a while, but it was nice meeting you all and i hope to see you again!" she stated happily before walking out.

"she was so sweet, i've never met someone that talks like that!" you exclaimed. she really did talk with the softest voice.

"it's like a breath of fresh air meeting someone like that, like when i met you." he stated, causing you to immediately give all your attention to him.

"wait what?" you question, making him turn to make eye contact with you.

"like how you've helped me through so much ever since i met you, and you probably have never even realized it. except i guess if you became friends with yuri she would have your position to you." he explained. he might not have known it, but you have never been more flattered in your life.

"i didn't know you viewed me that way... and i definitely didn't know i actually had that kind of impact on your life," you smile, just the thought alone sending euphoria through your body.

"why do you think i'm the closest to you even though i've known the guys a lot longer?" he chuckled.

"well now that you say that!" you said jokingly. "but, why? i don't really understand how you're closer to me, what makes me so special?" you ask, now invested in his thoughts.

he smiled at you. "i don't know... it's like, you understand me more in a weird way. i can't really explain it. i feel more.. human i guess around you." you felt your stomach doing flips as he said this.

"do you want to go for a walk or something? i'm tired of being in here not gonna lie." you ask suddenly. he turned to you, you could tell he was thinking for a second.

"lets do it." he said with a smile, quickly getting up and leading you to the doors. as soon as you walked out, you felt the perfect temperature hit you. you were grateful the weather was nice tonight.

"is there anything you want to talk about? anything on your mind?" you strike up a conversation. "well, i mean.... actually never mind." he quickly stopped his sentence, causing suspicion from you.

"everything okay?" you eye him suspiciously, he was now avoiding eye contact with you. "yeah, i'm just not ready to say anything about it just yet. but what about you?" he changed the subject to be about you, but you were quickly distracted.

"look! over there!" you pointed to the right, spotting an overlook of beautiful city lights. "can we please go over there?" you asked, pouting at him.

"sure, i'd love too." he replied, taking your hand as you started across the street—the action taking you by surprise.

"oh—sorry! it's kind of a habit, i guess." he quickly apologized as you got to the overlook. but to his surprise, when he tried unlinking his hand from yours, you kept a firm grip. "it's fine chan, we can stay like this—i don't mind if you don't." you smile at him, and you could tell he relaxed.

you both walked up to the fence that bordered the overlook, resting your intertwined hand on it. "this is really beautiful." chan said, you looked over at him mesmerized by the view.

"yeah, i love nigh-time city lights. just something about it is so—peaceful." you muttered. he looked over at you, and an unfamiliar and unwanted feeling came over him, as he almost leaned in—but luckily came back to his senses before you could even notice.

"my mom had me at a really young age—she was only about 18, my dad almost 20, or maybe 21. they were going to break up with each other, but then found out i was on the way, so they stayed together. but my father went to the military when i was little, and even before that they didn't have much money, as well as they both got kicked out when it happened. many times my mom would have to go days without eating just to feed me, it was terrible." chan nodded as you spoke, he didn't mind it—he was just slightly confused at the randomness.

"i have very few memories of my father being a decent human being, it was always my mother that really cared. but from the stories, i believe they were actually in love before i came along. but i don't understand why she got pissed at me and cut me off over that situation with my dad—especially after everything." you said, eyes trained on the view in front of you before you came back to reality.

"i'm sorry, i just answered the question you asked before walked here earlier with my life story-" you started apologizing, but chan quickly shut you up.

"hey, it's fine. i want you to be able to talk to me about things. i can't believe your mom did that either, it doesn't make much sense." he agreed with you.

"i really miss her, she is the sweetest mother i could ask for, and we were always close." you felt him wrap an arm around your shoulder, and you took the chance to lean your head on his shoulder.

"mine too... i don't see her that much because she moved back to Australia with the rest of my family last year. not exactly the same, but you get it." he smiled at you.

"i'm tired, do you think we should go home yet? the guys might be wondering where we are."

"it's almost 11:30, so you're probably right. lets go back." you both started walking back, continuing to talk about random stuff that came to your minds—laughing, joking, etc.

you definitely couldn't deny that you loved the way the two of you were bonding.