Yet she finds out that Zanis had other plans... Why would he let go of his golden goose? This made Lili take her fate into her own hands; she decided to run.

And that she did; she had successfully escaped the horror inside Soma familia. She had even met an old couple who took her in; the old couple ran a small business of selling flowers. She was happy, finally happy.

But that happiness was plucked in an instant. Zanis had somehow found out where she hid, and he had made sure that Lili would receive a message. A message that she cannot run from him, from the familia she didn't choose.

Soma familia trashed the small business of the old couple, even going as far as burning everything they had. And making sure that they knew that it was all because they took Lili in. The couple who used to look at Lili with loving eyes, like that of a parent to their child, morphed to that of blame and apprehension.

That was the moment she learned that she can never really run away. The hope she once held that maybe she can have a normal life, away from the dark and lonely familia that treated her as nothing more than a money bag, had completely vanished.

She returned back to Soma familia, surrendering herself to the unfair life that was given to her... Until she met Bell.

Bell had given her that hope again, and at first, he was only supposed to be a target, yet the young adventurer had shown him kindness. Kindness which she didn't deserve.

The young white-haired adventurer showed her that life is worth living, that her life is her own. And with renewed resolve, she once again found the courage to live for her own sake.

Bell had given her a purpose once again. And once again, she had found a semblance of happiness in her life. They even came out with a plan to get out of the clutches of Soma familia, faking her own death and using her magic "Cinder Ella" to change her appearance. The only problem is that tattoo on her back, and the connection she has with Soma.

Luckily for her, Soma had no interest in anything outside of brewing his spirit, so she's pretty safe in that aspect. And as months passed by, everything was going according to plan.

Until it didn't...

Somehow, Zanis kept on finding her. And everything came back, all that trauma, the fear, the resignation. It all came flooding back. Hopelessness had once again filled her heart.

And before things went to the extreme, she decided to go back, much to the dismay of the adventurers that tried to protect her.

And right now, she is currently being tempted by Zanis, a glass of wine created by Soma placed right in front of her. The smell alone made her heart beat faster, as the temptation of the divine drink filled her mind.

"Why are you stopping yourself? Come on, Lili..." Zanis's voice whispered in her ear, making her gulp in response. "I know you want to... The wine Lord Soma made, you do remember how amazing it felt once you drink it, right? So why are you holding yourself back?"

"N-no..." She stuttered as the smell filled her nostrils with the sweet scent and rich aroma of the brew. "I-I don't want it..."

Zanis smiled at the attempt of restraint Lili is showing, for he knew that sooner or later, the girl will break. "Just a sip... It will make you feel so good. And deep down, you know this to be true." He pushed the glass closer to the pallum, smiling sinisterly as he did.

Lili's hand momentarily reached for the glass; she pulled it back and bit her lips, blood trickling down the side of her chin. "NO!!!" She said with force, trying to convince herself not to fall down that hole once again.