2 Preparation to cross the portal

Estefan completed the tutorial quickly. But proper of rogue-like games, the explanation only goes as far as the command parts. Once you click on the 'completed', you're all on your own, learning things the hard way.

However, even when Magma changed the interface and visuals over the years to make Enigma more new player-friendly, the core parts of the game remained.

Your prison starts with only a few areas unlocked, you receive your first 'batch' of 10 prisoners, and you send them exploring through the portal one by one.

If you're a new player, in your first game, a newcomer to this world of uncommon colours, you might pick up things you shouldn't have, trigger some sort of trap or chain reaction, wander around like nothing happened, and become the spectator of your own demise in the short period of three minutes. You're down to 9 lives, 9 prisoners.

But an old player of Enigma, however, plays things differently. Without paying attention to the portal in one of the big rooms that lures you into leaping into adventure, Estefan right-clicked on a speaker of the prison, which showed the options of [Play music], [Ring] and [Make an announcement]. Estefan chose the last. Then he selected [Gather prisoners in...] one of the hallways.

Soon the guard NPCs started taking the prisoners out of their cells, making them form a line in the said hallway. Meanwhile, Estefan also controlled The warden to walk to the same location.

Right-click on The Warden, [Give a speech] >> [authoritarian tone]

"Some of you might have been in prison already, and some of you might have been mentally preparing to get your ass hole fucked for the first time later this afternoon."

"Some of you did not expect to see male inmates, and certainly none of you know why in this big prison there are only ten of you."

"So let me just save you some time. You do not need to get to know each other's names. You do need to gather around and tell your little story of why you ended up here. You only need to know that I own you from now on."

[Explain 'Enigma'] >> [Detail: narrow]

"Here, we don't do community service shit, or make you bake bread and feed each other nonsense. Here, I'm gonna send you one by one through a quite magical portal that you folks are very welcome to call Hell."

"Now, in the perimeter of a hundred miles, I'm the only one who knows what the other side looks like. Your guards? They don't know shit. So I'm gonna ask you very politely, to lick my shoes each time you see me."

"If I'm happy, I send you down there with provision. If I am extremely delighted, I give you a gun with some ammo. If you wave your tail and bark the way I like to, I might not even send you down there. After all, here I am the one who decides the matters related to.... everything."

After the miniature of the Warden stopped talking, Estefan sent the prisoners back to their individual cells. However, he was not done with them yet.

Many new players when they get Enigma introduced by their friends, might be confused, but get the point that this game is a combination of MOBA and Rogue-like games.

It's not hard to grasp, as many games, have story mode and then get a competitive mode. Using this same example, players often prefer one option better than the other. Player perspective-wise, Enigma is not so different. They don't need to get the exploration part right to have better performance in the competitive 5v5.

But, if you want to get the exploration part right, you do have to play a third game in Enigma exceptionally, and that is Simulation.

It's like you're playing Sims. But instead of family, it's criminals.