17. MULAN MARATHON

"ooh, your back! what was the call about?"

"dad told me that he had to stay another week in there because grandma's condition is getting worse, but he said aunt xia is coming over tomorrow to take care of me until he comes back"  xiaoqi explained, before she sat beside the older on the sofa.

the two were currently in the liu's house, watching mulan on the television. their original plan was to watch percy jackson, but got bored and they ended up switching to the movie.

"what did i miss?" the younger asked "not much, just the part where mulan gets caught" yangyang let the younger rest her head on his shoulder, his hand draped around her shoulder. 

"you know, whenever i watched mulan as a kid, i would pause the screen when this scene pops up, him leaving her there makes me pissed to this day"

yangyang let out a small laugh, running his fingers through her hair "i can imagine you doing that" he said, passing the bowl full of popcorn, but the younger refused as she sat straight.

"wait, how do you know what i look like as a kid?" she raised a brow, but yangyang kept his focus on the screen, a teasing smile appearing when he saw xiaoqi who had her arms criss-crossed against her chest.

"this was back when xiaoqi joined a ballet club"

yangyang gasped as he saw the picture of a five-year-old girl who was smiling with two other girls beside her "she looks adorable!" he exclaimed, and the older man stared at the liu "of course she does, she is my daughter" he deadpanned, causing yangyang to laugh as he watched the man flip to the next page.

"these were when we let her watch mulan for the first time, she threw her teddy bear at the screen when shang and the warriors left her in the cold, but then she stopped doing that, now she just pauses the screen and plays it again after like — ten minutes" mr. lu explained, pointing at the picture where the girls side view was shown, she was sitting on the couch with her arms crossed, indicating that she was pissed, with a light pink teddy bear on thrown on the ground.

"yeah, i think we all went through that" yangyang said, his cheeks feeling sore since he started smiling for god knows how long.

"would you like a picture of hers? if you want i could give you one" the man offered, which made yangyang let out a hum "i want the picture of her when she won queen of the match"

"oh, we ran out of popcorn. hey, should we fill the bowl with — oh"

yangyangs tone lowered when he saw his girlfriend whose head was on his shoulder, as she was in her deep sleep.

he turned of the television, and placed the remote on the coffee table, holding onto the side of her head before he slowly stood up, laying her on the couch.

he took the blanket on the floor, and covered xiaoqi with it, with her face being the only visible thing " dang, you look cuter when your sleeping" he smiled, patting on the youngers head before he took the bowl, and he was about to wash it until he heard the doorbell ring.

he frowned, placing it back on the coffee table before he walking out of the living room and opened the door, only to see donghyuck, jaemin and ten.

"why do you look like you're planning on sleeping for the whole day?" ten asked, staring at the male who was wearing his a white shirt along with a pair of red and blue checkered pants.

"just get in" the chinese muttered, stepping aside to let the three enter.

"woah, this place is a mess — OH MY GOD, IS THAT XIAOQI —"

"lower it down, she's sleeping" yangyang hissed, slapping the back of the olders head which made him wince in pain.

"wait... DID YOU GUYS DO IT—"

——

my study table is filled with past papers rn.