✩ 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚜 𝚠𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚐 ~ 𝚎.𝚔. ✩

pairing: (adult)eddie kaspbrak x (adult)(fem)reader

warnings: hecka angst

word count: 1041

song preference: the night we met, lord huron

requested? [yes] [no]

—————————————————————————————————————

In a town without name,

a storm is brewing.

Oh yes, something is wrong.

ᴇᴅᴅɪᴇ ᴋᴀꜱᴘʙʀᴀᴋ ʜᴀᴅ ᴛʀɪᴇᴅ so hard to forget the town he had escaped all those years ago. He brought his wife with him, because he cared enough about her to wish her safety. Right now she was cooking something in the kitchen, the smell wafting under his nose as he read the paper casually. [Name], the woman Eddie had loved since they were kids, pressed a hand gently to her stomach. Was her bump showing? Did Eddie know? When she woke up early in the morning with fevers, headaches, and vomit clawing at her throat, she lied and said she was overstressed and sick. After all, she had recently been promoted.

Eddie, oblivious to his wife's real ailment, felt a buzz in his pocket. Folding up the newspaper and setting it aside, he answered the call and pressed the phone to his ear. "Eddie Kaspbrak, can I help you?"

"Who is it, babe?" [Name] asked, not looking over her shoulder. Eddie didn't answer, just sat in the chair and nodded as if the person on the other end could see him bobbing his head.

"Yes, of course. I'll let her know. Of course. See you, Mike." Eddie hung up the phone and walked into his kitchen, his eyes glazed over and his lips suddenly dry.

"Eds?" [Name] asked, turning away from the stove. Her husband didn't dare look her in the eye as he whispered, "We . . . Mike called me. Mike Hanlon. Do you remember him?"

Vaguely remembering the kind-hearted boy from when they were kids, [Name] nodded. "Yeah. Why? Did he call you just now?"

Eddie simply nodded. "Yeah. And uh . . . He wants us to come back. Because . . . Because It's back. It came back."

A sudden jolt of fear buzzed through [Name] and she immediately turned the stove off. "What?"

"We need to go back, [Name]," Eddie said, holding out his palm to reveal the scar that they all engrained in their palms twenty-seven years ago. "We promised."

The scar on his wife's own palm began to burn furiously, and with a moment longer of hesitation, [Name] nodded. "Okay. Let's go back."

A stone's throw from doom

a skip to the edge of the world

an army rejoices in harmony with food a-plenty.

Hope floods their bodies.

But something is wrong.

Oh, something is wrong.

ᴇᴅᴅɪᴇ ʙʟᴜꜱʜᴇᴅ ʜᴇᴀᴠɪʟʏ ᴀꜱ Richie teased him about the fact he somehow married one of the prettiest girls any of the Losers had ever met.