✩ 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚜 ~ 𝚜.𝚞. ✩

pairing: stanley uris x (fem)(popular)reader

warnings: mild cursing

word count: 1552

song preference: honeypie, jawny

requested? [yes] [no]

—————————————————————————————————————

[ɴᴀᴍᴇ] ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ ꜱᴄɪᴇɴᴄᴇ. She was good at it, which was probably why she liked it so much, but also because she had a lot of entertainment. She had her group of friends to talk and laugh with, a handful of boys to push away when they tried to flirt, and a fun science teacher.

"[Name]!" a voice shouted from behind the [hair color] girl. She was trying to open her locker but couldn't; It was always messy. By sophomore year, she should have been able to figure it out, but she would just have to struggle until she eventually pried it open. At the mention of her name, the frustrated girl looked up to see her friend Josy, a bright brunette with a classic bangs-and-blowout hairdo and a wide smile. She sat with [Name] in their science period and was someone who [Name] regularly walked with.

"Hi, Josy," [Name] said with a bit of frustration, kicking her locker in an attempt to free the stuck door. "Sorry, my locker's still jammed."

"No worries, we've still got three minutes," Josy said brightly, her eyes wandering the slowly emptying hall when her gaze locked on something a little ways down the beige tunnel. She glanced at [Name] to make sure she had seen it, but the girl was content on opening her stuck locker.

"[Name], I think Stan Uris is staring at you," Josy whispered, her eyes still locked on the Jewish boy, who had been staring over his shoulder at [Name]. He was standing in a cluster with a group of boys often referred to as the Losers Club. At the mention of the boy's name, [Name] looked up in his direction. Their eyes locked from down the hallway and Stan felt a flash of heat pop onto his cheeks, making him twist around to engage with his friends again.

"Huh, that's so weird," [Name] said with a shrug, pulling on her locker for the fourth time that minute. "I haven't talked to him since the seventh grade at his Bar Mitzvah." Josy hummed but kept an eye on the dirty blonde, her eyes narrowed in suspicion.

Eventually, it was clear that [Name]'s locker wouldn't open unless someone else stepped in, but [Name] refused to let anyone help her. She was quite stubborn, being raised in a household where being a pushover was not tolerated.

"You need help," Josy stated plainly, an idea already forming in her mind. "I'll just call Stan over."

[Name] felt her stomach drop at the mention of the Jewish boy. "No, Josy, it's really—"

"Stanley!" Josy called, completely ignoring [Name]'s stubborn pleads. The brunette girl caught Stan's attention, making him turn to face the pair. The rest of the Losers turned as well, their eyebrows raised in shock that a girl was talking to them on purpose, let alone Stan.

"Um, yeah?" Stan called back, his voice cracking a little when he saw [Name] continuing to tug on her locker, even putting a foot on the one next to hers, but it just wouldn't budge.

"We need your help. [Name]'s locker is jammed and we were hoping you could try to open it," Josy said, earning a gruff eyeroll from [Name] and an awkward smile in Stan's direction. He blushed and nodded, crossing the hallway to help the pair of girls.

He pulled on the locker and spun in the code that [Name] gave him, and with a sharp tug up on the handle, the locker popped open and discarded, crumpled papers flooded the floor. [Name] laughed nervously in embarrassment, beginning to pick up her papers. Josy watched as Stan rushed to aid her, gathering the papers and then handing them to her.