✩ 𝚒'𝚖 𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 ~ 𝚎.𝚔. ✩

pairing: eddie kaspbrak x (fem)reader

warnings: a little sad

word count: 2798

song: if i could tell her, ben platt

requested? [yes] [no]

—————————————————————————————————————

[ɴᴀᴍᴇ] ɢʟᴀʀᴇᴅ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ picture on her nightstand. It was full of happy, smiling faces, those of her parents and her twin brother, Davey. The two were close, but in their teenage years they had grown apart. They rarely talked to each other anymore, part of different clicks and friends with different people. When Davey was home, [Name] was out at sports practice or rollerblading with her friends. When [Name] was home, Davey was out with his friends, the Losers Club. They only crossed paths on occasion, but now was not one of those times. [Name] was certain that her and her twin brother would never cross paths again.

She sighed and wiped the tear trickling down her cheek, pushing the photo down so that it lay face down on the nightstand. She flopped backwards onto her bed, shutting her tender eyes. [Name] was tired of crying. She was tired of only hearing bad news. She was tired of the months going by without any sign of Davey. She was tired of the members of the Losers Club stopping by her house every day to pay their condolences to her parents. Did anyone even think that she would be upset? Sure, maybe the twins weren't best friends, but they grew up together. That seemed like enough of a reason to miss her brother.

[Name] let out a small sob and twisted on her bed to face the window that was set in the wall only a foot above the bed. She often used it to sneak out of the house in the late hours, but now the window was shut tight. Once she rolled over, though, she was greeted not with a view of the flourishing green maple tree sprouting in her backyard, but a pale face with big brown eyes like a cow's.

[Name] yelped and backed away in surprise, suddenly thumping to the floor when the bed ended. Someone shouted a curse word outside and [Name] laid on the floor for a minute, glaring at the dust bunnies under her nightstand.

Really, could she not have a single moment of peace to grieve for her dead brother?

She stood up from her place on the carpeted floor and knelt on the bed to open the window, the familiar sound of the latches clicking and the glass opening comforting her. The boy who had scared her was none other than Eddie Kaspbrak, one of Davey's friends before he died. She sat on her knees and stared at him, no doubt a little red in the face with puffy eyes and tousled hair. [Name] wasn't concerned about her looks as much as why Eddie was at her window and not downstairs at the front door like the other Losers.

Eddie stared back at her. He swallowed thickly and pulled out an inhaler, taking a short puff before stuffing it back into his shorts pocket.

"Can I help you?" [Name] asked, her voice raw and cracking from the crying she had done over the last couple of weeks. Eddie blushed and adjusted his uncomfortable position perched on the roof outside the window. He leaned closer and said, "Um. Can I come inside?"

[Name] backed up and stood on the floor beside her bed, still facing the window. She watched with wary eyes as the notorious germaphobe stumbled through her window and onto her bed. He swung his legs over the edge and rested them on the floor, sitting on the end like he was waiting for her to sit beside him.

"Why did you come through my window?" [Name] asked, annoyed that this boy had interrupted her private crying session.

Eddie blushed and stammered for a minute to find an excuse before finally settling on, "I needed to talk to you. Privately. And you haven't left your house since . . ."