04 | painting

Miliani huffed as she trekked through the woods with Elena and Caroline

Miliani huffed as she trekked through the woods with Elena and Caroline. After a talk with Rose this morning about how much of a myth Klaus was - cue eye roll - she found herself escorting Elena to school only for her to drag her into the woods.

Her heels were not made for this terrain.

She did however wake up to a huge arrangement of bluebell flowers and a cute note from Elijah so she guessed she could overlook it this once. The girl was on cloud nine.

Elena huffed and looked at her best friend. "Tell everyone I wasn't feeling well and I went home from school," she told her before glancing at Miliani for a moment. "And that Miliani could care less."

"Totally going to get me in trouble with my Dad, but I'm all for pissing off my Uncle. He's treating you like an object," she deadpanned, the two others ignoring her.

Caroline groaned at the two of them. "I can't believe I'm agreeing to this. I'm a terrible liar."

Miliani patted her cheek. "Ah yes. But you are a great distractor. Distract my Uncle for as long as you can before he figures it out," she said, snatching the bag from Elena's hand since she was huffing at the weight. What did she even have in here?

Elena cut her eyes to the hybrid, her words making her falter a little. She never thought of it that way.

"I'm even worse at duplicity and you know this," Caroline complained as they neared the tomb. Honestly, Miliani was too confused to why Elena insisted on her coming but she didn't want to listen to another one of Alaric's history lectures. He truly was a boring man.

Elena's face went a little dark. "You managed to keep me occupied when Katherine paid Stefan a visit," she pointed out making Caroline flinch.

"Yeah, because she threatened me. Not that I'm saying that you should use that as a tactic, it's...Stefan's gonna see right through me," she complained. Miliani shot her friend a sympathetic look knowing she was right. When it came to Elena's well-being, Stefan was hyperfixated.

Elena stopped the trio, looking at her best friend since they were in diapers. A frown had found its way to her face. "Caroline, as my friend, do you promise or not?"

Caroline stomped her foot. "You had to break out the girlfriend code. Okay. I promise. Why don't you want Stefan to know?" She asked, a snort coming from her other best friend.

"Are you kidding me? He'd stormed in here and threw her over his shoulder to get her away from her. Plus he'd get my Dad involved to make sure I'd stop Elena from doing something like this," Miliani pointed out as they approached the church ruins.

"Why aren't you putting up a fight? If you know it's going to upset your Dad?" Elena asked as they stopped right before the door. Miliani cut her eyes to the doppelgänger, not wanting to test whether or not she'd be able to get out.