Chapter 9 - The Cales

Helen walked into Chris' apartment, dressed provocatively. He asked to see her and she was elated that he finally came to his senses to be with her and divorce the thing he was married to. He deserved someone like her. Someone of class. Not some pauper. She got into the living room and saw he and Summer seated there together. Why was she here? Helen scoffed. Either way, he was going to be hers.
"Christian. You wanted to see me?"
"Apologize to Summer, right now" Chris demanded. Wait, that wasn't right. He was supposed to propose to her.
"Apologize? For what?" She questioned innocently. Summer chuckled. Really? She wanted to stand there and pretend she didn't do anything?
"For locking Summer in the restroom." He stated. Was he really gonna make her do that? She squinted her eyes. "If you don't apologize to her, right now... I'll release the video" he threatened. Helen's eyes widened.
"Christian, you wouldn't."
"Try me."
Helen knew that tone. He was dead serious. It was an embarrassing video of her dancing in a bunny costume. They had made a bet, Chris won and she had to do this embarrassing dance in a costume. While Chris filmed. It was his prizes possession but Helen hated the video. If it went viral, she'd be so humiliated. She gritted her teeth, and bit her tongue then faced Summer.
"I'm sorry." She tried to make it sound genuine but it was clearly fake. She turned around to walk away.
"Not so fast." Chris said and she stopped, then faced him. "Let me give you a bit of advice, Helen." He stood up from the couch. "If you value that little career of yours, you'll never mess with Summer again. Am I clear?"
Helen nodded, then walked away, tripping slightly as she did. She screamed angrily and left the living room, out the door. Chris sat beside Summer, hands over her shoulders.
"I told you I'd make her pay."
Summer smiled.

Later that evening, Summer stood in front of her mirror with a bathrobe on, she had just finished taking a bath. A lot was happening and it was happening so fast. She wished everything could slow down and give time to process everything. But, that was far from possible. Betty came in, smiling, carrying a gift box.
"Mrs Norton, a delivery for you."
Summer smiled. A delivery? She took the note from the top of the card and read it.

I want a grandbaby - Grandma

Summer smiled. Then opened the box, still in Betty's hand. It was a black, sexy lingerie.
"Grandma!" Summer giggled, checking it out. Betty then left to meet Chris who was seated in the living room, reading.
"Mr Norton, your wife wants to see you." She said. Summer never said that. But how else could she get them together?
"I will be right there." He replied. "Thank you Betty." He smiled at her.
Back at Summer's room. She had already changed into the lingerie and was admiring it. Chris walked in.
  "What are you doing?"
  "Nothing." Summer rushed to pick up the robe to cover herself. "I'm cold."
  "I think you're hiding something from me." Chris smiled.
  "No, I was just changing."
  "I think you're trying to seduce me." He bit his lower lip, walking closer to her. "Summer, you are the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. Even without that lingerie." He said.
  "Grandma got it for me, I was just trying it on." She said. Chris laughed.
  "That explains why Betty came to get me."
He moved closer to her, placing his hands on her cheeks. "Well let's not disappoint her, then." With that, Summer dropped the robe and kissed Chris. He wrapped his arms around her waist, pressing her to him. Her head spun. Each time he kissed her, it felt new, like it was the first time all over again. They walked to the bed, taking off clothes, kissing roughly and touching part and they fell on the bed, Chris beneath Summer as they kissed.
  "Take me" Summer pleaded with a whisper and he smiled.

In the Cales house, Grey sat on the couch watching TV, a smoke in between his lips and his wife, Shelia beside him too, watching, eating chips. Their son, Ben rushed in, holding his phone in his hand.
  "Mum, dad, Summer is..."
  "Don't you mention that name in this house again." He said angrily. He paused. "What about her?"
  "She's married to Christian Norton. It's all over the news " Ben announced. Grey put down the smoke and took his phone from the table, Sheila joined him to look at his phone. Summer married to a billionaire? They just hit the jackpot. Grey confirmed the news.
  "He's the richest man in the city." He gasped. Sheila's mouth was filled with chips.
  "Wow."
  "Sheila stop with the fucking chips."
  "I like the chips." She protested.
  "We have to find Summer, now!"

Summer slept, cuddled in Chris arms. They were both fast asleep. Chris' phone started vibrating and gently, he let her out of his arms and stood up to answer the call. It was Cecelia.
  "Sir, I checked the medical records. Mrs Norton's blood type is B while Mr and Mrs Cale are both type A. You're right sir. They are not her real parents." Cecelia reported. Poor Summer.
  "Alright. Well, keep it to your for now and keep digging." He ended the call. Those scums. He looked back at Summer. He would find her real parents. He would make sure of it.

Vincent and Nancy were in their room. Nancy, was sitting in front of the mirror, checking her pores and Vincent, just browsing the Internet. His phone rang.
  "Hey Vincent, do you know where Summer is?"
  "Who the fuck is this?"
  "It's Grey, Summers Dad. We were trying to..." Vincent hung up. Nancy turned to him, shaking her head in question.
  "It's the Cales. They must've seen the news. You know what they say about cockroaches, you just can't get rid of them." He began browsing his phone again.
  "Why did you hang up on him?"
  "I don't want anything to do with them. Everyone in our hometown knows they're leeches."
Nancy smirked.
  "You know what? Call them and tell them I want to meet them. I might have a plan."

Early the next morning, birds tweeted on the window porch, ray of sunshine peeped through the curtain and Summer lay in her bed, sleeping peacefully. Then her phone rang, disrupting the serene atmosphere. Summer sat up, rubbing her eyes. She looked at her phone, it was Ben. The only person she could tolerate when growing up.  She picked up.
  "Big sis." Ben started, a smile on his face as Grey sat right next to him, listening. "Hey, how are you? Long time no see. Mum and Dad are sorry for everything. And they wanted to know if you would like to get dinner with us."
Ben, apologizing on behalf of his parents? Quite unlikely. This was just a devious plan of her father to get her to come.
  "What do you want, dad?"
Grey snatched the phone from Ben. How did she know?
  "Listen here, you ungrateful bitch. You might be married to the Norton family, living the high life, but we're your family. You better wire us a million dollars and get us a house in the city." Grey said. Of course. He knew she was married to a billionaire. All he ever wanted was money so he could get drunk all he wanted and waste it on clubs and girls. Typical Dad.
  "What are you gonna do if I say no? Sell me to another loan shark?" She hung up. How could he say that and expect her to just answer him? He was out of his mind. Day officially ruined again. She got out of bed. She had to prepare for work.
  "Bitch hung up on me." Gary flung his phone to the couch. Ben shook his head.
  "Way to go dad. You just burned that bridge for the rest of us. Now what?"
Grey shrugged it off. If Summer thought she could just cut them off, she was wrong. Very wrong. Sheila walked in with Nancy and Vincent.
  "It's been a while Mr Cale." Vincent began.
  "You broke up with Summer for his ugly thing?" Grey ran his eyes all over her in disgust. "Man-stealing bitch. Do you know how much time and money was spent on Vincent before you dragged him to your bed?" He spat.
  "Nice to make your acquaintance too, Mr Cale." Nancy smiled. "Have you ever heard of the saying: The enemy of your enemy is your friend?"
  "What are you blabbering about?"
  "Jesus! I know where your daughter is." Nancy revealed.