Chapter 4 - Kidnapped and rescued

Summer arrived at the parking lot two blocks away from her office. Gray and Shelia Cale were whispering and at the sight of her stopped and faced her.
  "Mom, dad, what's going on?" She asked. The look on her mum's face was pitiful but her dad looked as unbothered as ever. Dressed like a thug. He couldn't even show respect to his own age.
  "You've left us no choice, Summer" Shelia spoke. Summer looked to both of them confused. No choice? What was she even talking about.
  "Boys" Her dad called and some guys came out from the car behind them and grabbed Summer, holding her hands to her back.
  "What? Mum, dad, what are you doing?"
She protested, struggling to get free of these ruffians.
  "Just shut up." Gray shouted. "You don't want Vincent? Fine. Remember Leon? I still owe him a hundred grand. He agreed to let me off the hook if I brought you to him."
  "So you're gonna sell your own daughter to the mob? What kind of father are you?" Summer screamed. Unbelievable. How could he do this to her? All those years growing up, he'd abused her so many times and hit her way too much. But this, this was just cruel. Unfortunately for her, no one could help her. The parking lot was scanty.
  "It's the least you can do after fucking everything up. Let's go." He gestured to the car and they dragged Summer inside. Shelia breathed heavily but she couldn't oppose her husband. She had to comply. With that, the car drove off.

Cecelia hurried over to the car. Mr Norton eoild not like what she found out at all. She spoke through the wound down window.
  "Mr Norton. Something's wrong."
Chris drew his brows together. What could be more wrong than being asked an embarrassing question on an interview by his own wife. It was funny and cute. How could she think that?
  "They said Mrs Norton had left but I checked the security cameras and i think she's been kidnapped." She reported
  "Get me my security. Find Summer NOW!"

An old man, sat at his desk, ogling naked women online and smiling, smoking a cigar. There was a knock on his door and he murmured an approval. Gray came in, holding Summer, then pushed her in, then forced her to sit on the chair opposite the man.
  "Here's my dingbat daughter as promised, Mr Leon."
  "Good. A deal's a deal."
Gray left the room. Summer couldn't believe it. Her dad just sold her to a random stranger without any remorse. How have things gotten to this point? Did he even love her? She struggled to get free of the ropes she was bound with. The ugly old man walked to her, and squatted beside her.
  "Look at you. The Big City's been real nice to you, hasn't it?" He reached out to touch her.
  "Touch me and kill you." She barked. She couldn't show how scared she was. She had to be brave. The man laughed.
  "Feisty. I like it." He touched her long dark hair and then her face. She bit him hard. He shouted.
  "Bitch." He slapped her and then held her face and licked her cheek. Summer screamed and just then the doors burst open.
  "Get off her." Chris landed a punch on his face and kicked him to the ground. His security men tackled the man to the ground, beating him up. He untied Summer.
  "Are you alright? Are you hurt?"
  "I'm okay."
His security men had him pinned to the ground as he struggled.
  "Who are you guys? That girl belongs to me." He tried to fight back but was no match for the men that had held him down.
  "Shut him up." Chris ordered and they held out a duck tape and stuck it to his mouth. Summer got up from the chair and wiped her cheek. He was disgusting. She went to him and slapped him back.
  "There. Now we're even." She said angrily and felt lightheaded all of a sudden but Chris caught her before she could fall.
  "Hey, hey, woahh, I'm here now." He tucked her hair behind her ear. Then faced his guards. "A few broken bones should teach him lesson" They nodded and took him out, ignoring his kicking and screaming.
  "Who kidnapped you?"
  "My parents, okay? I don't wanna talk about it." Her voice wavered.
She looked tired. Extremely tired. But even at that, she was still as beautiful as ever. She looked like she was going to cry. And he felt the urge to smack her parents in the face. What kind of parents would do this to their own daughter?
  "Come on." He led her out of the office to his car and held the door for her. She got in and placed her hand on her head. She had a headache. Chris got into the car on the other side and the car began to move. He noticed her and placed a hand on her lap. Summer felt a burning sensation. Like her insides had been woken up. She flinched and Chris withdrew.
  "Are you okay? I'm sorry." He apologized
  "No, no, it's nothing. I'm just tired."
  "I can tell."
  "Welcome aboard Mrs Norton." Cecelia spoke, as she drove the car. Summer smiled weakly.
  "Summer, this is Cecelia. My personal assistant and most trusted friend." He introduced.
  "Hi Cecelia."
Cecelia smiled at her through the mirror. Summer had never been so down her whole life. First Vincent, then her boss, now her own family had turned against her. She was just tired. The only person that treated her right was this handsome stranger she got married to. And he probably didn't even like her. Just protecting her to keep his reputation clean. Everything was messed up. But she was considering staying in the fake marriage a little while longer. It made her feel safe and loved. She wasn't going to divorce just yet. This could go on a little longer.
They arrived at his house and it was huge. It was a mansion. Summer gasped at the sight of it. It was marvelous. And really beautiful.
  "You live here?"
  "WE live here." He replied with a smile. Summer smiled back and admired the surrounding. The garden, the water fountain. Everything was just remarkable. They got out of the car and Cecelia drove off. Excited, Summer got a headstart and climbed the steps to knock at the door, leaving Chris standing there, checking his phone. The butler opened the door and she smiled.
  "Hi, I'm..."
  "I'm sorry but we do not allow commoners into the house. Or even in this yard. How did you get inside?" The butler spoke so rudely. Summer was offended. Yes, she looked a little off, but only cause she was kidnapped and rough handled. She was about to reply.
  "And what gives you the right to speak to Mrs Norton that way?" Chris spoke angrily. The butler looked from him to Summer and bowed his head.
  "I am truly sorry, Mr Norton. I had no idea she was Mrs Norton."
  "You're fired. "
He held Summer by the hand and took her inside, leaving him standing there, mouth open. How could such man of high standards be with a woman like that. She wasn't even of class. He just lost his job anyways. That didn't matter anymore. Next time he'd be more nicer to guests.
Chris took summer to her room. It was definitely made for a lady. It had everything and it was so beautiful and large.
  "I had a customized just for you. I hope you like it." He said.
  "Like it? I love it" Summer gasped at the sight of the room. Was this going to be her new life now? Well she had to find out.
  "So I'll leave you to it..just freshen up, there's a bathroom over there and call me when you're done, so you can eat." He nodded and left the room.
  "Wait..."
Chris stopped.
  "Thank you"
He smiled and walked away. She could definitely get used to this. The princess treatment and all that. She stepped into the shower and took a nice refreshing bath. Stepping out, she smelled like foreign flowers and candy. The soap was really expensive and fancy too. There was a set of clothes on the bed for her when she stepped out of the shower. They were pajamas. Mr Norton probably had that laid out for her when she was having a bath. She smiled cause that was all she could do. Since she got married to him she had been nothing but happy. And she hadn't been happy since Vincent left her. But finally she could smile again.
She put on the pajamas and sat on the bed after a while she drifted off to sleep. Chris came in and smiled at the sight of her sleeping. He tucked her in and kissed her forehead. She had had a really rough day but she still looked so beautiful in her sleep. As for Summer's parents something was terribly off. He took out his phone and called Cecilia.
  "I need you to do some digging into Summer's parents... If they really are her parents."
He ended the call and looked back at her. She was never going to suffer again. He would make sure of it.