Chapter 5 - Great Grand Baby

Summer blinked her eyes open and sat up in bed. She felt so light and free like a weight has been lifted off her shoulders. She had never slept this comfortably in years. She had to go thank Chris. She got up and went to the living room. It took some time, but she was finally able to locate it. The house was really big. She saw him there, sitting on a couch, reading a book. Oh wow, she didn't know Mr CEO could be the novel type.
  "Didn't know you for a book type." She teased. Chris looked up from his book and smiled.
  "You're awake."
  "How long was i asleep?" She asked.
  "A few hours." He said. Summer's eyes widened. "You had a rough day." He winked
  "In my defense, the bed was really soft." And comfortable too. She didn't ever wanna get up.
  "Want me to get you anything, water? Tea? Coffee?" He suggested. "Betty? Betty!" He called the housekeeper and an elderly lady arrived, carrying bags of different products followed by Grandma Norton.
  "Hello everyone." Grandma greeted with a big smile on her face.
  "Grandma." Chris greeted back.
  "Hi Grandma." Summer greeted as well.
  "I didn't get the chance to get you a wedding present. So I got you a little something." She took the bags from Betty and gave them to Summer. A total of 11 bags with different gifts inside. Summer was at a loss for words. Chris only smiled. Little? She called this little? Summer couldn't believe it.
  "This is too much grandma." She stuttered.
  "Oh nonsense. Nothing is too much for my granddaughter-in-law." She laughed, looking to both Chris and Summer. "Oh, I have to take care of something in the kitchen. Betty, let's go." She said, leaving them.
  "Grandma likes you." He stated. Well, obviously. Who the heck gets 11 bags of gifts for someone they don't like. Summer smiled.

Once in the kitchen, Grandma brought out a vial with a kind liquid inside.
  "Pour this in Christian's soup and make sure he drinks it." She said to Betty.
  "What is this, Mrs Norton?" Betty asked.
  "I got this from an apothecary. It's a potent aphrodisiac. A few drops of this and I will have a great grand baby very soon." She laughed and handed it to her, then winked and left the kitchen.

Summer walked into her room, Chris right behind her with Betty too. They had just finished eating.
  "Are you sure you want me to stay here? I can just take an Uber home."
  "No, it's fine, stay. It's late." Chris staggered as he walked, he looked like he was going to fall.
  "Are you okay, it looks like you're sweating." Summer noticed. Betty left the room and locked the door with a mischievous smile on her face. Then she hurried away.
  "No, no, no, I'm fine, I'll just go throw some cold water on my face." Chris went towards the door. He felt hot on the inside and out. Like he was gonna implode. He couldn't quite put a finger on why he was feeling that way. "You have a...a good night." He turned the handle of the door but it wouldn't open, he tried again but it was locked from the outside.
  "Betty... Betty?" He called but no response.
  "What's wrong with the door?" Summer asked. She didn't like where this was going. Kind of. Chris turned around to face her.
  "It's grandma, she... she locked us in here." His voice, husky, walking towards her, a primal look in his eyes and he walked closer to her.
  "Are you sure you're okay? You look like you have a fever." She placed the back of her hand on his forehead. He melted at her touch and placed a hand on her cheek.
  "I don't have a fever." He said, then claimed her lips, kissing her with raw urge and passion. Summer had never been kissed this way before. It was so unexpected and hot. She kissed him back, as they backed up again the bedstand. He placed his hand on the back of her head and kissed her deeply. She couldn't believe this was happening. All in one day. This was too much to take in. She pushed him away.
  "I'm sorry." He apologized, coming back to his senses. "I think Grandma put something in my food...I don't..."
Summer stood there staring at him. She wanted to continue so bad but she was scared that things were happening so fast.
  "I'm gonna go rinse my face, I'll be right back..." He started towards the bathroom but Summer held his shirt.
  "Wait." He stopped and moved back, staring into her eyes. "Well, if you want...we are married after all." There was no taming what he had already woken up now. He had to finish what he already started.
  "Do you know what you're saying? I won't be able to stop." He said, then kissed her again, his hands exploring every inch of her body. She pressed even closer to him, seeking him, her hands fumbled on his belt as they both tumbled on the bed and that night. He took her.

Summer got to work, glowing and radiating as bright as ever. Jess noticed, smiling as she walked in.
  "You look happy."
Summer just smiled, dropping her bag on the table.
  "Where did you go yesterday and...ooohhh...is that a Lucci?" Jess exclaimed at the sight of the bag. A Lucci? Summer had never even heard of that name before. It was one of the gifts Grandma gave her yesterday.
  "I had something to do yesterday and A Lucci? I don't even know. It was a gift." She said humbly. Jess stared at her in "who's-the-new-guy"
  "As if anyone would ever gift you a ten thousand dollar bag." Penny walked to them. Summer sighed and Jess rolled her eyes. "It's probably a cheap fake you plucked out of a dumpster on your way home from work." Penny spat. Luckily for Summer, she knew how to handle women like her. 
  "Careful Ms Reeves, Jealousy can lead to permanent wrinkles." She said. Jess, stifled a laugh. Penny scoffed.
  "I just thought you both should know Mr Norton just bought our journal. He's gonna get back at you for that interview." She smirked. "You're going down Cale. And personally, I can't wait to see that happen." She growled. Jess shifted uncomfortably.
  "Wait, what?"
  "That's right. I'd quit now if I were you."
With that she walked away. Penny didn't know anything. Chris wasn't getting back at her for anything. The real question was, why did he buy the journal? He just wanted to be their boss? Why? She couldn't quite wrap her head around it.
  "Speak of the devil. Our new boss just arrived." Jess said, jolting Summer back to reality. Chris walked through the doors, followed closely by his security. He snuck a silent smile at her and she smiled back as he took the elevator.
  "Don't worry Summer. Maybe he's nice. Maybe, it's not gonna be that bad." Jess rubbed her hand and faced her desk again. It's not that she was worried about. How could she concentrate with her husband as her boss?