Birthday and a blunder!

Kriti's POV-

"PAPAAA!!!",I screamed at the top of my lungs. Everyone in my house came running into  my room as I weeped.
"Arre! Why aren't you ready yet?",muma questioned.

"First the alarm didn't ring ,then the geyser didn't heat the water and now the dress I had taken out for today is torn from the edge!!",I yelled.
Papa, covering his ears, neared me and patted my back. " Beta koi baat nai ..you won't get late. Choose a new dress and now you have thirty minutes in hand. Get ready in ten, I'll drop you to college. "I wiped my tears and nodded.
"Bachi kahin ki itni si baat par shor acha diya subha subha ",Abheer was glaring daggers at me as he left the room.
(such a kid,made a blast in the house this early in the morning)

----------------------

"I'm ready" ,I ran downstairs, holding my bag as Muma handed me a sandwich wrapped in foil paper.
"Chalo! Let's go", papa took the scooter keys and we left.

"By the way Kriti..Why are you so nervous today about college,I've been looking at you since yesterday",papa spoke up.
"Papa actually the professor had announced a test for all of the students yesterday and I actually am not sure if I can do well in this",I was damn mad at that man for having a test so early.

"I know bache you will do it..don't worry",he consoled me and I got off the scooter as I reached the college.I bade farewell to papa and headed towards the classroom.

----------------------------------

"Ohoo!! Good morning ji", Disha gleamed and hugged me.
"Good morning..So happy today! Something special?",I hugged her back.
"It's like kind of my birthday! ",she chuckled.
I hugged her back again." Happy birthday!!! Atleast you could have told me .I didn't even bring anything for you ",I pouted.
I actually won't be celebrating it this time at home, my grandma expired this year only, So I thought that maybe I could give you guys a little treat!"
"Woah! someone's got a big pocket and umm yeah...a big heart too!",one of the group girls came towards us,listening to Disha's rants.
We settled down at our seats.But there was something missing.HIM.
"Rudra isn't here yet",I suddenly uttered.
"Ahmm...Ahmm..somebody's already missing her boyfriend",Disha snickered and I could hear many others laughing.I turned back and sternly replied,"No one here is nobody's boyfriend"

"Yeah yeah!",Disha raised her brows and looked at her books.My eyes wandered at the door,as Rudra entered.Disha and almost the whole class hooted,as if they had just seen Tapu propose to Sonu in TMKOC.
Yeah I would have done the same seeing that on the television.

Rudra was confused,looking here and there,wondering what might have gotten wrong with their small brains. His eyes landed on mine,I passed him a small smile to which HE SMILED BACK!!!

LIKE WHAT? RUDRA JI HIMSELF  ? SMILING..OH GOD DID THE SUN RISE FROM THE SOUTH-WEST TODAY?

My insides were still in a shock and I didn't realise when he stood in front of me.
"Umm..",his appreciable conversation skills were quite obvious from this dialogue.He simply stood there,without saying anything to me.
"What?",my expressions were actually painting  a  I'm uninterested in talking to you picture on my face,but it was Rudra that I was showing that face to.

He obviously didn't get it.

I shifted to the left,making space for him to sit and there it was! The class hooted again..
"Woah bro! Not getting any other vacant space today"
"Take it slow there brother"
"Inse raha nai jata" to which everyone laughed like crazy.

I rolled my eyes at the comments,noticing that one of the commentators was my own friend,Disha. Rudra,he just got the book out of his bag and started reading,unaware of the chaos around,as if he cared a damn.

--------------------------------

Author's POV-

After the classes ended,Disha stepped down towards my seat,"Umm..Rudra I would actually love to have you at the small party in the nearby cafe.."
"For?", he interrogated.
"It's my birthday",she meekly smiled
"Umm.. Yeah..Happy birthday",he turned to leave.
"Won't you come?"
"Um..no actually I have to leave..get home ASAP",he seemed nervous.
Kriti nudged her elbow into Disha's tummy and whisper-yelled,"Why are you calling him?"
"Arre he is my soon-to-be-jiju",she showed her 32 teeth. "Hell with you!", Kriti replied.
"But please,I insist", she basically begged and then stared at Kriti, expecting her to convince him.
"Yeah please we would love to have you there",Kriti just said it for formality sake.
Rudra thought for a while,"Okay! But I won't be staying for more than half an hour.Plaese umm..don't mind if..if I leave in between"
The gang  got there in no time.Disha placed the order and the others brought a good cake for her. Kind of secretly.
They placed it on the table when Disha was taken forceully to the washroom by Kriti.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!",everyone screamed as Kriti uncovered Disha's eyes.
"Don't cry now okay?",Garima sneered.
"Oh please! I'm not a cry baby but this is so niceee!! Thank you guys!",she squealed.
Disha blew the candles and cut the cake but as soon as she was about to take a piece,Kriti acted at the speed of light and tried to apply the cake on her face,but failed,MISERABLY.As Disha turned to the side and Kriti's hand shot someone else's face.

Oh god no!

"I'm so sorry Rudra! I didn't mean to..This...You Disha!",Kriti was on the verge of tears,looking at Rudra's face,filled with the chocolate chips and the icing.
"What did I do?",Disha gasped.
Kriti took out the napkin and wiped his face,but he stepped back and excused himself.

Kriti looked helplessly at Diksha who signaled her to go help Rudra and she ran with the speed of lightning.

She entered the washroom and looked into the mirror,through which Rudra noticed her.He had taken his glasses off, looking captivating. His eyes staring deep into hers.He swiftly turned towards her and she tried to apologise again,"I'm so..."
Rudra raised his hand and asked her to go out. Kriti's waterworks began,she sobbed and said,"I just made a silly mistake,now won't you forgive me for this? It was just an accident!"

"What?",he asked,bewildered.
"You are rude!",she yelled.

"I'm not angry with you..I asked you to go out because it's a men's washroom"
Kriti realised the blunder she had made.She looked left and then to the right,from where a man exited the stall and she gulped.

Looking at Rudra again,she screamed and ran back to where she came from,clearly stunned at her stupidity.

=============================

Kya maine ye kisi se inspire hokar likha hai?
haan
Kya wo main hoon?
haan
Kyuki main bina kuch soche samjhe actions le leti hoo and then I regret it! Yayy!
Does anyone of you relate with this too?
Keep on commenting on the story.. Would love to see your opinion!
Do vote and share!!
Alvida!
LOTS OF LOVE❤︎