Illogical

School. The one thing I hated most. My mom told me the people would be okay, but I didn't believe her because her version of okay was tainted by her already very wrong beliefs. She always told me I belonged inside of the kitchen, that I would get married at 18 and would serve my husband until death do us part. I didn't want that. So, I would always buy hideous clothes to shoo away boys. Weird, but it worked. On my first day of school, I walked in and immediately felt the eyes on my shoulders and back. What was wrong? My hair? My face? I would never know. Maybe they were just looking. Maybe not.

My first class was okay. Math first period wasn't my favorite thing, but it would have to do. Algebra was and has been one of my most hated subjects in school. I never got it, and when my teacher found out about that, she said I was, "Responsible for the decline of our generation." Whatever that means.

Next was art, which of course, flew by. Everything fun here lasts for 10 minutes, then it goes back to the board. Not to mention the aesthetic of the school was dreary. All of my teachers complained when we skipped ahead or got the question right. They thought we were dumb kids who had no clue how to do basic math. Since I could, however, they got mad.

The last period of the day was biology. I was too smart for science so they put me in a 9th grade class, which I'm not a big fan of. Cutting up frogs has never been my strong suit, neither had it ever been a hobby I'd appreciate. But I had to deal with it. My biology teacher, when I had answered a problem wrong on the worksheet, said I was, "Without a shadow of a doubt, illogical."