Once Upon a Lazy Day

I sigh as I hear the distant sounds of the rain.

Plip-plop, plip-plop.

Today will be a lazy day... "Good Days" is playing in the background. The pouring rain feels restless, but not as restless as the guy whose head is weighing down on my stomach. This cute bastard's using my stomach as a makeshift pillow while listening to songs.

Another sigh escapes my lips as I lift my hand to the ceiling. I use my hand to block the fairy lights, but once I get bored again I start to look around my room... posters glued to the walls next to my various drawings, as well as a bookcase filled with old sketchbooks and worn-out books. Fake plants adorn all the shelves as fairy lights brighten the whole atmosphere in this tiny space. They hang from all corners of my ceiling, even my bookshelf.

Nico's sister found that bookcase for me last summer. I move my free hand towards him and start to stroke his hair as I reminisce over our fond memories throughout the years. Oh, how I wish we could stay like this forever. But I remind myself that senior year's almost done and soon we'll be apart.

Well, not really. We'll still see each other but not as often. I want to keep seeing him, I want to keep holding onto him and I want him to keep holding on to me.

"...Nico," I whisper, almost inaudibly. He, who manages to catch it, turns to me with an acknowledging hum.

We both sit up as we keep eye contact.

He casually asks "What's up?"

"..."

"Hey..." he reaches for my hand, "you ok?"

His concern, his voice, his piercings, everything about him captivates me. But it's the look in his eyes that forces the courage out of a deep and hidden part of me. Those eyes that shine with deep connection. Those eyes that I've known since childhood. Those eyes that have the power to fluster me to no end.

"Nico, I like you."

Silence fills the room as our playlist finishes without my noticing. His face is blank, almost as if he's dazed... Sigh, damn it.

"Yo-you know what, forget it. Just forget I sai-" He cuts me off with a kiss.

I repeat, a kiss!

Just like how he's the one who initiated it, he's also the one who breaks away first. Now it's my turn to freeze. My whole body tenses up as I finally register what just happened, what I just said and what he just did! I lock eyes with him only to see his annoying smug smile as he caresses my cheek. How are you so fucking calm! Yo-Yo-You! I can't even finish my thoughts as he suddenly says in his usual sunny and cheerful tone, "What a coincidence, I like you too!"

Damn you! Damn you! Damn you times a hundred! You smooth son of a bitch!

"Ugh..." I can't process this shit! I hug my knees and hide my blushing face as I start to hear his annoying laughter. This fucker is having fun!

He inches closer to me as he says in that damn honeyed voice of his, "Evie..." "Go away." I shrug him away and he chuckles again, "Oh, come on~ Don't be like that." He hugs me from the back and rests his head on my shoulders.

"Do you wanna hear it again?"

"..."

He chuckles again which makes me even more embarrassed, then he whispers in my ear "Evie, I like you."

"..."

My silence seems to amuse him as he starts giggling while asking if I won't say it back. Fed up with his bullshit I finally turn back, only to say "I hate you."

----------------

Author's note: Hello~ 

How are you? This story comes in bits and pieces to me. Sometimes I get inspired by random things throughout the day and open up my notes app to write it down. I'm not sure if this is common, but at times I get this inexplicable desire to collect all the story thoughts that wander inside my head. 

The recommendation for this chapter is the song 'Good Days' by SZA.

I hope you enjoy~

I'll write again.

-love, trix