A Definitely Not Embarrassing Encounter.

We quietly settle down inside the study room as the bell rings, signalling the start of our free period. I take my Kindle out as I read a new book while he opens up his sketchbook to finish his mock-up sketches.

Five minutes pass by, and silence is restored outside in the halls yet I can't seem to focus. by the tenth minute of reading the book I decided to give up for the day, so, I put my Kindle away and plop my head on the table. I close my eyes, choosing to appreciate this quiet and cosy atmosphere.

Sunlight hits the window next to us and the warm rays of sunshine serve as a nice reminder of the spring weather.

The noise of pencils scratching paper permeates the room and I turn my head to look at him. A rare seriousness is plastered across his face, one that can only be seen when he's working on his craft.

I inch closer towards him and sneak a peek at his design. "what're you gonna make?"

he turns my way as I look him straight in the eyes. With our faces centimetres away, he smiles and answers: "A dress."

Subconsciously, I frown as I go back to my previous position. For who though? My thoughts start to wander and my frown deepens until I hear a giggle.

My head snaps back to his direction only to be met with a smug grin that plummets my good mood out the window. 

'It's for my sister' he says triumphantly. A glimmer shines in his eyes, but I don't focus on that since I'm too caught up in my embarrassment. 'O-okay,' I stammer, 'aaand??' He giggles some more which flusters me even more. Confusion spreads across my face and I get up abruptly. 

If he's shocked, he sure as hell doesn't show it. And that pisses me off even more! His smirk doesn't leave his face as I storm off with some combination of 'bye', 'see you later' and 'fuck off' all in one word. 

I rush out of the room and catch my reflection in the hallway window. My cheeks are flushed and my expression is flustered. I fix my hair in an overly aggressive manner for 9 am. Then, I remember his dumb, pretty face and become even redder. I hate that I feel this way. I hate the effect he has on me. I hate that I like him. 

A stillness falls upon me, my mind is jumbled up into a big mess, it doesn't matter that I like him... he's going away soon enough. He has better things in life than sticking around with me. I glance at my hand. Numbness spreads its grubby fingers in the corner of my mind and I no longer remember why I was flustered in the first place. My face falls into a deadpan and I decide to take a walk in the schoolyard. It's a good day after all.

************

Author's note: If anyone's curious, Evie has chronic tendinitis from drawing too much without breaks. Also! For anyone who enjoys my recommendations for cosy romance, I would suggest 'The Herbwitch's Apprentice (Witches of Olderea Book 1)' by Ireen Chau. It's part of a series but you can enjoy it as a standalone. 

FYI, right now I'm just posting all my backlog to pile up on chapters hehe

Hope you enjoy~

I'll write again.

-love, trix.