A Walk Home

I quietly continue to work on my canvas while listening to "La Lune". A sharp pain in my wrists stops me in the middle of my stroke as I pull back my arm.

I sigh as I put my brush down and check the time — 14:48. After-school clubs are almost over now... which means he's almost done.

I quietly pack my things and put away my paints as I start to head to the other classroom next to mine. Everyone has gone home now except for him and me.

I lean against the doorframe as I watch him work. Ruler in one hand and chalk in the other, fabric spread out across four desks as his hair falls into his line of vision. His skin sparkles under the sun and his freckles look as prominent as ever. I divert my eyes as he pulls his hair away from his face.

This is simply too unfair!

Feeling awkward, I lightly cough to get his attention — which works as he lights up as soon as he sees me.

A small smile appears on my face as I ask, "Ready to go home?" Without hesitation, he beams his killer smile directly at me! Damn it, Nico! Can't you be more self-aware?

My brows furrow unconsciously as the only thought that remains in my head is: You're too blinding!

He packs up quickly and soon meets me at the door of the classroom. Before heading out, we both make sure to pass by the art teacher who is our supervisor for today and bid her goodbye.

The way home is the same as always, the crowded streets, the bustling shops, the children playing in the park and the last rays of sunshine shining on our faces.

As we pass by the park I pause as my gaze falls on the kids playing. More accurately on two kids playing... a little girl with big glasses and a pigtail as well as a little boy leading her around the park, as if protecting her from the other kids.

A laugh from my side snaps me out of my stupor as I look next to me to see his beaming face as he looks knowingly at those kids as well.

Wordlessly he grabs my hand and leads me forward. We both walk home silently as distant memories of our childhood come back to greet us with nostalgic smiles.

***************

Author's note: Hello! It's been a while! I'm a senior now so my schedule has been very hectic >.< Anyway, I have a backlog of one shots I can't wait to post. I don't plan for this to be a long story or a convoluted one. I'm just here for the vibes lol. I try to fit in a recommendation of at least one thing that kinda matches the vibe of the chapter. The song here is called 'La Lune' by Billie Marten. I hope you enjoy~ 

I'll write again!

-love, trix.