When Time Stands Still

Tauriel's POV

"Tauriel, are you ready?" The day had come, it was time to head back home to Greenwood.

"Almost. J-just wait here a second okay? There's something I have to do." I run back towards the council chamber where not two minutes before Legolas and I had been given a formal send off by some of the elders.
"Arwen!" I call out, hoping that she will respond.
"Sister."
" I wanted to say goodbye and give you this." I dig in my bag searhing for a locket that I had tucked away a few short days ago. I hold it out to her and begrudgingly she takes it, prying open the two halves.

"Tauriel. I cannot take this."

"You have to, it is a gift." The locket itself was made of gold with a silver tree engraved on the front, the Mirkwood symbol of immortality.

On the inside however, was something even more precious. In it was a copy of the only picture father had of all six of us. Father, Mother, Eladan, Elrohir, Arwen and even me as a baby. Together with the symbol on the front, it meant "Families are Forever".

I turned and ran back to Legolas before she could even attempt to give it back.

"Ready?" Legolas asked as I swing my leg up and over the side of my horse.

"Let's go." As we ride of I am faced with a touch of dread, returning means facing Thranduil, who rarely misses a single tiny detail. Would my relationship with his son be one of those things he overlooks? Or would he find out?

____________________________________

I don't know, will it? See you in two weeks!! *mwah ha ha*
Dedicated to   Aunamonk