ο Πίτερ Τζόνσον και τα ιπτάμενα μπουκάλια κρασιού - Percy Jackson

Start from the beginning

He goes to pick it up when he realizes there's a girl standing there waiting for the elevator. She's holding a wine bottle, and what looks like the biggest plant Percy has ever seen. It would explain where the weird vine-root thing came from.

"Hey," he starts, only to be interrupted by a scream and a face full of soil.

"Oh my God!" Screeches the plant. It takes Percy a second to realize that it is in fact the girl screaming and not the plant. To be fair, Percy has seen too many outer-worldly oddities in his life, he wouldn't be surprised if it was the plant talking. "I am so sorry!"

Percy laughs and rubs dirt off his face, "Don't be. I shouldn't have scared you." When he finally gets all the dirt off, Percy realizes she put the plant down. She's pretty. Like really pretty actually. It takes Percy's brain a second to catch up to all this new information.

She waves his apology away, "I scare way too easily. You should see me during October."

"Halloween can get pretty spooky around here." She tilts her head to the side in a way that remind him of a cute puppy. "Cause all the ghosts, ya know?"

Her eyes widen, "There are ghosts here?"

"Yeah, you haven't seen them?" She shakes her head, "There's one named Vector. He's my favorite."

"Why am I even surprised? My Mom is a Greek god. Of course there would be ghosts! What's next? Flying monkeys?"

Percy's lips quirked, "Don't give them that idea."

She laughed and Percy's chest tightened. "What's your name?"

"Percy. Yours?"

"Y/N."

"Nice to meet you, Y/N. I don't think I've ever seen you before. Did you move in recently?" Percy knows he would have noticed or remembered her.

She puts her finger next to her lips. Percy is momentarily entranced. "I think around a month ago. I just started at New Rome University." As she was chattering on about college Percy noticed the wine bottle slowly starting to slip out of her grip. Thanks to his demigod reflexes, Percy caught the bottle just in time.

"Oh!" She said in surprise. "Thanks! I didn't even know it was falling."

"No worries. I got it." The elevator dings and they both head in. College? They were about a quarter into the fall semester. "What are you studying?"

"Agriculture."

Percy's eyebrows rise. That was not what he was expecting.  "Cool, my best friend from home is really into plants and stuff."

Y/N's lips quirked, "Plants and stuff?"

Percy smiled sheepishly and rubbed the back of his neck. Thankfully, he was saved from answering by the elevator. Even though he was glad he didn't have to answer to his stupidity, Percy still felt a pang in his chest. He really didn't want to part from her but didn't know how to tell her that without sounding creepy. She gives him good vibes. Percy's always loved people like that.

"Where are you headed off too?" He eventually asks after sneaking what he hopes is casual glances at her as they exit the building.

She bounces on her toes a bit, "This girl I just met invited me to their friend's place. I'm a bit nervous to be honest. I don't know anyone besides her."

"I'm sure you'll be fine. I've loved talking to you and we've only just met." Percy's face went beet red. That was not how it was supposed to come out. "I-I mean you've been fun to talk to."

They both laugh for a second, falling quiet quickly enough to make Percy feel awkward. He wishes he had more to say, if only to keep Y/N around him a little longer.