chapter 5 ; panic

He jumped when he heard the door open , he looked over and found it to be the nurse that entered the room , who looked ... nervous / scared .

He didnt need to do anything for her to notice he was awake , she practically noticed right when she opened the door . no one spoke as she cautiously made her way to her desk , the silence was loud , uncomfortable , and awkward . No one knew what to do or say .

Lloyd decided to be the one to break the silence , voicing out the question that had bothered him ever since he awoke . " what happened before I uh .. passed out ? " hesitation and nervousness was clear in his voice , he got even more nervous when the nurse reacted with a surprised look .

" You dont recall what happened ? " she asked and he nodded in conformation .

She hummed as she thought up a response , " you attempted to attack Chen , all of his friends were barely managing to hold you back until kai knocked you out . " she explained , fear was clear in her words as she continued to speak with the boy .

Lloyds eyes widened and felt dread , he attempted to attack Chen ?? That didnt seem right , lloyd never has done that before , sure he had his moments but never actually acted upon it before , why does he not remember ? How could he not remember ? How could he forget ? how could he do something so foolish as this ? and His friends barely managed to hold him back ?! He doesnt even know how to fight , let alone defend himself . So how was this possible ? He didnt know , but he needed to know .

Panic began to stir within him , breathing rapidly he was , it mustve been clear he was panicking because the nurse was quick to sit next to him to comfort him . " hey hey , breath , its okay , its gonna be okay . It was a simple mistake , a mistake that is quite common . " her attempts were futile though as it somehow made it worse .

But she eventually got him to breathe .

After dreadful long moments of panic and getting lloyd to breathe , the room fell silent again , the only sounds that could be heard was lloyd inhaling and exhaling along side the nurse .

" are you okay .. ? " the nurse asked after a moment , he didnt reply verbally but he did nod in conformation .

She rubbed soothing circles around his back in comfort , he pulled his legs close to his chest and buried his face into his arms , thinking about how people will react and treat him after words gets out about the incident .

The nurse watched the poor boy in pity and confusion , all she could do was rub circles around his back , although she wondered what had caused the son of lord garmadon to panic , she thought back about the conversation , and then the realization hit her .

He was misjudged due to his relations , due to his family name . He was nothing like his father , the man who attacks the city on a daily basis [ /jk ] , the man whos heart is pure evil , an evil man .

But his son , his very own son , was nothing like that , just a boy , who wants to live a normal life without being constantly harassed for who he is related to .

And if he defended himself , it would get worse for him .

She felt a pang of guilt for she was also apart of those who misjudged him , she looked away from the boy and her gaze fell upon the fridge that held medicine and ice packs . She got up from her place next to him and went to the fridge , she would sometimes put snacks inside to give to the kids . She took out a small pack of cookies and closed the fridge , checking the expiration date of the small pack before placing it next to the boy who was still curled up .

She pat him on the back , " here , you should eat something , have this . " he perked up , slowly lifting his head from his arms and glancing at the snack next to him . He accepted .

Now that he was munching on the mini cookies , the nurse returned to her desk and resumed her work , occasionally glancing at lloyd .

They both remain silent , as lloyd ate , and the nurse worked , both worried about what will happen .

A/N ; just want to make a few clarifications ,

1. im not trying to write lloyd as a ' softie ' or wtv , im trying to write about a teenage boy who's going through serious struggles and trauma through out his life .

2. lloyd and the nurse are NOT to be shipped or even be seen the slightest as that way . lloyd is a teenager and the nurse is a full grown adult . [ I had to say this because this generation is weird , the fact I had to say clarify this is insane . ]

3. how do y'all want their relationship to be and what are your opinions ? want lloyd to see her as a secondary mother / parental figure ??  or just as someone who has finally seen him as who he is ? a friend ? or not or something idk man just as long it isnt anything weird 😭 because I did NOT plan this chapter 😇 or any chapter actually , It just comes to my head all of the sudden and I just write it LMAOOO except the angst , I always plan the angst 😇😇😇😇😇 so the nurse is a completely new character that I randomly came up with while writing 💀

anyways wanted to let y'all know im planning to write an original book , its about a zombie apocalypse , its still a work in progress in the planning but im getting there , tho it might take awhile but wtv . its 1am and im half asleep bro 💔💔 anws gn JJ OUT !!!!