Chapter 15

Sybil's Home (Charming, California)

Sybil was awoken by the sound of her phone ringing. She tossed and turned before she tapped the side table to get to her phone. With her eyes closed, she grabbed her phone, answering the phone with a tired voice.

"Sybil's phone. It's late." Sybil's voice ranged out into the phone.

"Hello, Sybil," Fitz says with a smile.

"Fitz, it's late. 23 people." Sybil maneuvered herself to lay back first on the bed.

"What?" Fitz wondered.

"When you stay late in the oval, there are 23 members of your staff that have to stay late, too." Sybil rubbed her eyes as she spoke.

"I'm reading briefs on east Sudan," Fitz stated leaning back in his office chair.

"They can't go home until you do. How are you?" Sybil asked.

"Richard, Jo, Marybeth, Ted, Hank, that guy with the briefcase handcuffed to his wrist, Jose the chef, Kayla, Susan..." She called out the names that she knew.

"Susan went to the state department and the briefcase guy is Rashid," Fitz remarked with a smile.

"Well, I'm just saying that 23 hardworking Americans are staying late at night so you can call me." Sybil leaned up, sitting against her headboard.

"You want me to hang up? How are you?" Fitz asked.

"Well, I'm helping a biker club build an empire via dad and a married ex-boyfriend calling me." Sybil sigh.

"The Mc, you talked about?" Fitz questioned.

"Yeah, juicy stuff. Thank you for your help with the Rico case." Sybil replied.

"You're welcome. They box the case up and put it on the completed shelf. No one will touch it. This MC, how bad is it?" Fitz's husky voice told her. 

"They have potential. Their leader Jax Teller is their president. He's loyal, smart, brave. He has the skills of something important." Sybil tells Fitz. Fitz could almost hear the admiration in her voice.

"It sounds like he caught your attention." Fitz's jealousy could be heard in his voice.

"Maybe he did. We both have to keep up the appearances. Me single and you the president of the United States of America married to the sweet first lady Mellie." Sybil states.

"Me and Mellie have separated. I visit her to keep up appearances like Olivia told me to, but we've been separated." Fitz assured.

"How is she?" Sybil asked changing the subject.

"She's Mellie x 2." Fitz answered.

"Well, she is pregnant." Sybil tells him.

"I wished it was you." Fitz spoke. Sybil paused with a sad face.